Blinker Problem

sandelin85

i have a 94 es300 and my right blinker blinks faster than the left one. left one operates at normal speed. ive looked around and many people say it is a bad bulb on your right side somewhere but ive checked numerous times. i had a light out in the right rear that was a brake light. i replaced this and now all lights are working properly. still flashing fast on the right. my hazards blink at normal speed so i am puzzled. all bulbs work fine tho and i just dont know what to do next or what to check next? i also read u could have some corrosion in one of your light bulb socket connectors that could cause it to not receive proper current in the bulb. so i am goin to check this out and see if thats the case or not hopefully it is and all is fixed. ive also been doing research about flasher relays. could it possibly be that? any help would be greatly appreciated as i probably will have to go to a mechanic to fix if all my things that i try dont work. i am just trying to save some money as it seems like something that is not that hard to diagnose or fix but i could be wrong haha....

i will be checking for corrosion tomorrow.....

also if the turn signal fuse is bad or out the signals wont work correct which is what i thought. ill check that tomorrow too but just wondering if that would be the case. lastly, i also read it could be a bulb that is about to blow so check all your bulbs to see. i will be doing this tomorrow with a few other things so ill be back then.

thanks in advance to anyone that has any answers....

Some of the ES's from that era had a printed circuit on the inside of the headlight housing that sent power to the signal light, if that gets damaged you have to replace the whole unit. Crazy expensive! Double check just the socket though, I can't remember if they had corrosion problems like the '97-'01 models did.

ok ill check. hope its not that if its expensive. what would have to be fixed if it is that?

i went to check my light today and i cant seem to find where the turn signal light gets inserted into the headlight so i can take it out. does anyone know. all i see is headlight and high beam from just looking at it from the top. i will do some research and see what i can find but any info would help.

Thanks.......

When one side starts to hyperflash that side of the car has a weak bulb, a bad wiring connection, corrosion in a connector or bulb socket, or a poor ground. You get the hyperflash whenever there is a weak power supply to either of the turn signal bulbs that one side of the car.

My wife's older 97 ES did the same thing about every 6 months. The front driver's side turn signal bulb socket had a weak spring contact to the bottom of the bulb. When I stretched the spring, plugged in the bulb and put it back into the car, it would work perfectly for another 6 months.

thanks will try that in the AM and hope that it fixes it.. will post results. both hazards blink normal speed though would that matter? what i am asking is if my one blinker blinks fast and my hazard with the same blinker on the side that blinks fast, blinks at the normal speed could it still be corrosion or the weak connection or spring? let me know and hopefully it gets fixed when i try tomorrow.

thanks