When Will The Ct200H Be Out?

That could be a very popular car, especially with Prius owners who want Lexus trim. Although it looks like it will be smaller than the Prius which is classified as a mid-size car (the interior space is pretty impressive).

We bought our Prius in the C4C program. We had to act fast as it was ending very soon. Originally considering a Camry hybrid but there were none. Got the last Prius on a local lot, luckily it was a Barcelona Red model IV with leather and nav. It's a nice car but I wish it had power/memory seats, mirrors (auto dimming), and steering wheel. The HS250h would have been $10k more (I can't remember if the HS was even available then).

Jim, are you referring to the CT200h?

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/ct200h.html?s_ocid=FCVAnchorHero_LfCh0909

This will definitely be out, this year but I can't remember during which quarter.

By the way, you might want to read this:

http://priuschat.com/forums/lexus-hybrids/87314-my-review-ct200h-pre-production.html

dave

Jim, are you referring to the CT200h?

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/ct200h.html?s_ocid=FCVAnchorHero_LfCh0909

This will definitely be out, this year but I can't remember during which quarter.

By the way, you might want to read this:

http://priuschat.com/forums/lexus-hybrids/87314-my-review-ct200h-pre-production.html

dave

Yes, I meant the CT200h.

The reviewer said it had a manual tilt/telescopic steering wheel. Too bad it's not power/memory.

He didn't mention power/memory seats or mirrors (with auto dimming).

If it doesn't have those power/memory features, it's just another Toyota.

Take a look at this:

http://www.lexus.com/models/HSh/features/pricing.html

As you can see with the HS 250h base model, not every luxury feature is included. However, the "Premium" package includes just about everything.

My guess is that the CT200h will follow suit and have a premium package for a bit more money.

My wish is that they come out with a CT250h with about 200 HP and average fuel mileage in the mid-30s. It'd be faster than the HS 250h and would provide better handling at the same time.

Dave

A Prius in Lexus trim would be great and probably extremely popular. Toyota really dropped the ball on this one, they should have done it sooner. Hopefully the CT will have a premium version with the bells and whistles that the HS Premium has.

You must be referring to the HS 250h; the CT200h has not yet been released and I do not recall ever seeing a full review in Consumer Reports.

Maybe the US version will get all the power/memory stuff the HS Premium has. It would be a mistake if they didn't offer a "Premium" version of the CT for the US market. US buyers of Lexus's WANT a Lexus, not a "slightly" upgraded Toyota. But, then again, a loaded Toyota Highlander hybrid is only a few K less than a loaded RX hybrid, and it has most of the bells and whistles we expect from Lexus.

Our Prius is a nice car and 50 mpg is pretty cool, but we miss the power/memory features like we have in the RX400h.

Apparently, the CT is smaller than the Prius, especially the back seat and cargo areas. Our Prius salesman was about 6'5" and he fit in the back seat no problem.

The huge difference will be handling, steering response, braking, etc. The CT200h will be far superior in this regard - kind of like a larger Honda CR-Z that gets better gas mileage.

I agree that if Lexus does offer an upgraded package, most buyers likely will select it over the base package. I know I would.

The huge difference will be handling, steering response, braking, etc. The CT200h will be far superior in this regard - kind of like a larger Honda CR-Z that gets better gas mileage.

I agree that if Lexus does offer an upgraded package, most buyers likely will select it over the base package. I know I would.

Just got an email from our Lexus dealer. The CT will be here in March. Base price just under $30k, but with the options most of us would want, it'll be $37k list. I think I'd rather pay a few $K more for the HS. Based on that pricing scheme, the small size of the car, and the price for an HS, I don't think they'll sell many CT's.

If you are looking for a good-handing car and not just a smooth-riding sedan, then the CT is the only game in town. I suggest that you try both, back-to-back before deciding.