Perma Paint Protector

I just purchased a nice and clean 2001 RX300 Silversport and it has a Perma Paint film on it. Owner claims that I don't need to wax it, and I can't even take it to my favorite hand car wash that I patronize. <_< The owner said he would email me what type of soap to wash it with, and also be very careful with the smoked emblems.

First of all, are the emblems that sensitive? I read in the manual that even a car cover will scratch or peel the black off the emblems. Secondly does anyone know what type of soap can I use? I know it won't be very long before I wash her for the first time myself. :cheers:

Perma Paint

DSC01679-1.jpg

DSC01680-1.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

Dens looks great...as far as the perma paint protection...I say B. S. Wash it with whatever type of car wash soap you have been using...assuming you use a good car wash now. As far as your local car wash I wouldn't stop using them. All of the paint protection things are a scam...

Dens looks great...as far as the perma paint protection...I say B. S. Wash it with whatever type of car wash soap you have been using...assuming you use a good car wash now. As far as your local car wash I wouldn't stop using them. All of the paint protection things are a scam...

Well I got the car with it and the paint seems too perfect to be a 10 year old car honestly. There's no scratches whatsoever except the front for a few very minor rock chips.

How about the black emblems, are they really sensitive??

• 2 weeks later...

The "perma plate" is just a gimmick. All it is is a not so great polymer sealant. Just wash it with whatever car wash soap you like.

As for the emblems, I have never had a car with them before but I can't believe they'd be that sensitive.

The "perma plate" is just a gimmick. All it is is a not so great polymer sealant. Just wash it with whatever car wash soap you like.

As for the emblems, I have never had a car with them before but I can't believe they'd be that sensitive.

Ya so far I've washed it with the same soap I've been using all along. The black emblems are sensitive, there's a notice in the manual of the Do's and Don'ts in caring for the emblems :blink: I prefer just the regular chrome emblems but this car obviously came with black emblems from factory

• 7 months later...