Window Tint

LexTmg86

Hello I just joined and have a 2002 Lexus es300 with 54k on it. Color is millennium silver metallic and has all the options. Next week I will be tinting the windows with 20% on the sides with possibly 10% on the back and 5% for the window strip on the front windshield. I just want to know if someone has any similar pics of tint on a Lexus with those percentages.

Thanks

TMG

Hello I just joined and have a 2002 Lexus es300 with 54k on it. Color is millennium silver metallic and has all the options. Next week I will be tinting the windows with 20% on the sides with possibly 10% on the back and 5% for the window strip on the front windshield. I just want to know if someone has any similar pics of tint on a Lexus with those percentages.

Thanks

TMG

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

Good luck with the tint...got my front done in my GX legal...rear was done. Not sure if the 02 es had the rain sensing wipers but if it did you may not be able to do the front strip?

Thanks

TMG

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

Good luck with the tint...got my front done in my GX legal...rear was done. Not sure if the 02 es had the rain sensing wipers but if it did you may not be able to do the front strip?

Yes mine does and I called the shop and they said they cut around the sensors so both my headlight and rain sensor will not be affected.

Thanks for the welcome

The following website is not always exactly correct but if it is you might have some difficulties with the local authorities with tint that dark: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CT/

10% is awfully dark. 20% is not too bad for seeing out but I wouldn't want it on my back window -- even my current 35% sometimes seems too dark at night when I'm backing up.