Rx's For Women?

FrankN

OK, before people start blasting, let me start by saying that this is my first RX, I'm a straight male and have no insecurities about my gender! I love the RX, and think it looks great. I've had a couple of guys respond when I tell them I bought an RX with " you bought a lady's vehicle"? Anybody else get this? Is the RX considered a ladies car? I think it's one of the better looking SUV's out there. Any comments or feedback?

I think its the compartment for a purse below the shifter.

Oh man I thought that was where the bowling ball belonged.....

Hi Folks,

I'd would like to ask all of you what, if any, your experience has been with your RX's both light and deep snow. Here in the Midwest, we get a good share of snow, and we also have under layers of ice as well. With the light back end of the RX, without AWD, is it easy to spin-out or get stuck. Just looking for your general opinion/experience, nothing scientific....lol

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Folks,

I'd would like to ask all of you what, if any, your experience has been with your RX's both light and deep snow. Here in the Midwest, we get a good share of snow, and we also have under layers of ice as well. With the light back end of the RX, without AWD, is it easy to spin-out or get stuck. Just looking for your general opinion/experience, nothing scientific....lol

Thanks,

Paul

I can share with you my experience with my wife's 2011 RX450h. Last winter here in the New England area, we recorded the 3rd snowest winter on record I believe. The RXh on Michelin latitute all season tires perform like a champ. It actually drove better in the snow than my wife's old Audi Q5 with full time quattro dive. The extra weight with the batteries in the back helped and the snow mode in the RXh really keeps things in check before things get out of control.

Hi Folks,

Thanks,

Paul

I can share with you my experience with my wife's 2011 RX450h. Last winter here in the New England area, we recorded the 3rd snowest winter on record I believe. The RXh on Michelin latitute all season tires perform like a champ. It actually drove better in the snow than my wife's old Audi Q5 with full time quattro dive. The extra weight with the batteries in the back helped and the snow mode in the RXh really keeps things in check before things get out of control.

Thanks for the information. It all sounds good.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my wife are both so excited about this new car. It is just awesome. And as a bonus it's 350 engine is tuned for regular gaz, imagine!

No, your RX is factory tuned for premium fuel use. But it will automatically "detune"(***) if you use regular.

*** Detune: In this case uising EFI PWM increased duty cycle voltage to enrich the mixture for heavy engine loads/loading, mostly for acceleration.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's funny re ladies car. I just picked up my first Lexus RX350 yesterday. I am a tomboy and have always driven sporty cars that guys have drooled over until my previous and 1st SUV (not a Lexus), as I moved up north of the city 7 years ago. I never heard about these being ladies cars until I just read this. I've never looked at whose driving, as I was staring at the gorgeous car, each time one passed by. I've always loved these SUVS as they have smooth, sleek, sporty lines and have turned my head for the past 10 years. Nicest looking SUV out there if you ask me. It goes like smoke (one of my priorities) - a great passing car. Not a whimps vehicle - lady or man.