Rx's For Women?

FrankN

OK, before people start blasting, let me start by saying that this is my first RX, I'm a straight male and have no insecurities about my gender! I love the RX, and think it looks great. I've had a couple of guys respond when I tell them I bought an RX with " you bought a lady's vehicle"? Anybody else get this? Is the RX considered a ladies car? I think it's one of the better looking SUV's out there. Any comments or feedback?

Like most SUVs or other family type vehicles, I think they are driven by a lot of women. As for your friends, tell them to F@ck off ;)

:D :lol: unless your friends can kick you asz! :lol: :D

I had a rx330 for a few years before my wife took it over ;) but I love the rx series. I wanted and would have had a hybrid not the GX if it wasn't for my business. Who cares your driving it and paying for it...screw them. Just wondering what color rx do you have? (pink) could be why? :P

• 2 months later...

Hi! Guys,

I am just very new to Canada. I have been only here for the last two weeks. I am planning to visit a lexus showroom to test drive a Lexus RX 350 and buy it as soon as possible as Lexus Canada has a good promotional offer in place at the moment. Its going to end by the end of April. So that's why the rush.

I have a couple of issues that I will need a help with:

1. I am a european and have only driven european mostly German cars and SUV's with a rear wheel drive bias. How would Lexus compare with its main German rivals. The only reason I have chosen a Lexus is because its thousands of dollars cgheaper in canada when compared with BMW or Audi and Mercedes is going to change the styling of their ML350 by autmn of this year. SO there is no point in buying the car.

2. I have only seen women drive this car since I have arrived here? Is that impression true? or do men also tend to drive this car?

Will appreciate your response.

Kind regards

Been debated many times...You know the first drivers are typically women, but the seconds owners are young folks that want to mod the RX into street machines...However I bought the first RX (1999) and now drive a 400h And it was my choice...My wife likes my choices....

Hi! Guys,

I am just very new to Canada. I have been only here for the last two weeks. I am planning to visit a lexus showroom to test drive a Lexus RX 350 and buy it as soon as possible as Lexus Canada has a good promotional offer in place at the moment. Its going to end by the end of April. So that's why the rush.

I have a couple of issues that I will need a help with:

1. I am a european and have only driven european mostly German cars and SUV's with a rear wheel drive bias. How would Lexus compare with its main German rivals. The only reason I have chosen a Lexus is because its thousands of dollars cgheaper in canada when compared with BMW or Audi and Mercedes is going to change the styling of their ML350 by autmn of this year. SO there is no point in buying the car.

2. I have only seen women drive this car since I have arrived here? Is that impression true? or do men also tend to drive this car?

Will appreciate your response.

Kind regards

That is funny, I just bought my first Lexus and it is a RX 350 (awd) and until I saw this thread, I had never paid attention to the gender of the drivers. I am male, btw. The RX350 awd is in fact 100% fwd when driving on the road. Only when the front wheels are slipping does it send power to the rear wheels. I could explain you most of the differences between fwd and rwd, but I think you might be better off 'googling' it. Personally, I prefer rwd. On average, the most expensive cars to maintain are awd, followed by fwd and rwd being the cheapest. This is based on maintenance records of a large fleet of vehicles.

Btw, you might want to look at the pre-owned market, you could save yourself thousands of dollars. You can try autocatch.com (in Canada).

I forgot to mention that Infinity awd cars are actually rear wheel drive cars and send power to the front wheels when the rear wheels are slipping. It might be the best of both worlds for those looking for a rwd. I'm not sure if it applies to all awd models of Infinity, but I think so.

P.S. I picked up my RX 350 today :) :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the original front console between the seats in the rx 300 and 330 was designed to hold a purse...i am sure more than 50% of the drivers of rx's are women, i know i love mine.

I loved having a spot for my purse. I don't miss my 400h, but wish the new new RX had a better design so I could put my purse somewhere convenient when I have a passenger. Otherwise the newer RXs are a great improvement.

OK, before people start blasting, let me start by saying that this is my first RX, I'm a straight male and have no insecurities about my gender! I love the RX, and think it looks great. I've had a couple of guys respond when I tell them I bought an RX with " you bought a lady's vehicle"? Anybody else get this? Is the RX considered a ladies car? I think it's one of the better looking SUV's out there. Any comments or feedback?

Who cares, its a great ride. You can tell people that say anything that they can spend their 50k how they want to and you'll spend your $50k how you want to.

I think women like the RX350 because they are sitting higher and it gives them a (false) sense of security. Though having the center of gravity so high isn't the most desirable.

So I guess we can say that the RX350 is for women, as well as effiminate men. J/K!!! :chairshot:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

First generation RX definitely looks like a ladies' car. 2010 and forward RX looks much more macho. Although nine times out of ten when I see a RX 350 there's a 40-year-old woman behind the wheel.

• 3 months later...

I think its the compartment for a purse below the shifter.