Just Rolled Over 10,000 Miles With My '10 Es350...

SW03ES

Well today my 2010 ES350 rolled over 10,000 miles in just over 6 months. Was actually kind of funny, the yellow exclamation point light came on and "OIL MAINT REQ'D"

came on the info screen, the nav screen showed I needed an oil & filter change and a tire rotation. When I got home I had a letter from Lexus of Rockville asking me to schedule my 10,000 mile service. I guess the Enform must let the dealer know when its getting close to service because I drive more miles than normal, with my 300 the letters I got from the dealer never reflected my actual mileage.

The car goes into my independent mechanic on Wednesday for the 10k service, first time he will see it.

Been overall very happy with the car. I REALLY enjoy driving it and it makes me feel like a million bucks, which is surprising because I've had Lexus vehicles for so long. Really an upgrade from my 300 IMHO in both ride and drive, size and road presence. It feels like a more substantial car, and actually I don't know whether I would pony up the extra dough for an LS after having put 10,000 miles on this car. I enjoy it that much, which was never something I could say about the 300. Its a great car too, but I always wanted something bigger and more substantial...

I get a LOT of compliments on it, in fact one of my friends at work bought one today after riding in mine, I helped him negotiate the deal and I was surprised to find that he bought the EXACT same car as mine color and interiorwise, just without nav.

High points have been the audio system which has grown on me a lot, I love the upgraded nav system and iPod integration (even if it needs the firmware upgrade to stop selecting the top track or playlist on the list). I love the fact I can adjust the vehicle settings from the vehicle as opposed to having to go to the dealer. I love the keyless entry and start.Love the backup camera and parking sensors.

The paint quality seems much better than the 300, I have some small chips I've touched up (to be expected on DC roads, especially in winter) but nothing major. Power is a big upgrade too.

I'm surprised actually that I've used the Enform service quite a bit. Entering destinations while traveling, looking for restaurants when traveling etc. Passengers are always very impressed with that. I might actually continue that after the year.

XM NavTraffic is real dissapointment, probably will cancel that although I do like the weather. I find it tells me about traffic after I am sitting in the traffic, and when travelling outside of major metro areas (north of baltimore on 95 or south of Woodbridge on 95, etc) it has no coverage, so you can't detour on trips which is a big downside for me. I'm surprised theres no coverage on the NJ Turnpike or Parkway...

Those are my thoughts after 6 months...comments are welcome...

Well today my 2010 ES350 rolled over 10,000 miles in just over 6 months. Was actually kind of funny, the yellow exclamation point light came on and "OIL MAINT REQ'D"

came on the info screen, the nav screen showed I needed an oil & filter change and a tire rotation. When I got home I had a letter from Lexus of Rockville asking me to schedule my 10,000 mile service. I guess the Enform must let the dealer know when its getting close to service because I drive more miles than normal, with my 300 the letters I got from the dealer never reflected my actual mileage.

The car goes into my independent mechanic on Wednesday for the 10k service, first time he will see it.

Been overall very happy with the car. I REALLY enjoy driving it and it makes me feel like a million bucks, which is surprising because I've had Lexus vehicles for so long. Really an upgrade from my 300 IMHO in both ride and drive, size and road presence. It feels like a more substantial car, and actually I don't know whether I would pony up the extra dough for an LS after having put 10,000 miles on this car. I enjoy it that much, which was never something I could say about the 300. Its a great car too, but I always wanted something bigger and more substantial...

I get a LOT of compliments on it, in fact one of my friends at work bought one today after riding in mine, I helped him negotiate the deal and I was surprised to find that he bought the EXACT same car as mine color and interiorwise, just without nav.

High points have been the audio system which has grown on me a lot, I love the upgraded nav system and iPod integration (even if it needs the firmware upgrade to stop selecting the top track or playlist on the list). I love the fact I can adjust the vehicle settings from the vehicle as opposed to having to go to the dealer. I love the keyless entry and start.Love the backup camera and parking sensors.

The paint quality seems much better than the 300, I have some small chips I've touched up (to be expected on DC roads, especially in winter) but nothing major. Power is a big upgrade too.

I'm surprised actually that I've used the Enform service quite a bit. Entering destinations while traveling, looking for restaurants when traveling etc. Passengers are always very impressed with that. I might actually continue that after the year.

XM NavTraffic is real dissapointment, probably will cancel that although I do like the weather. I find it tells me about traffic after I am sitting in the traffic, and when travelling outside of major metro areas (north of baltimore on 95 or south of Woodbridge on 95, etc) it has no coverage, so you can't detour on trips which is a big downside for me. I'm surprised theres no coverage on the NJ Turnpike or Parkway...

Those are my thoughts after 6 months...comments are welcome...

congrats on hitting 5 figures

your comments remind me that I haven't tried some of the car's features..haven't used Enform or XM NavTraffic..also don't own an ipod

i'm at about 4k miles so almost ready for the first service

agree that the car is great..it's funny cause I have griped a bit on this forum, but posts are always gonna tend towards the issues, not the positives

definitely happy with my choice

bought mine down the road from ou at Massepequa, small world

glad to hear you are enjoying, I can never driven a 300, but have been a passenger in one several times, and the 350 is a huge upgrade..power alone is night and day - knocked a full second of the 0-60!

take care neighbor..enjoy your next 10k

SW, do you still drive the ES300 once and a while? It must be nice to still have it around.

I remember when the new ES's came out, you didn't even like them! Now you're really happy with it- i guess cars are weird like that, as they take time to grow on people. The same is true with me and my RX. <_<

Got just about 6700 on the GX! Love the enform and when you get your iPhone download the ap for it! It's pretty cool...I love the weather but traffic is pointless around where I live. Our trip to Atlantic city it showed a few traffic back ups but there wasn't anything that could have been done to avoid it.

I don't know SW something about that LS? I keep telling my wife I will have one...when the kids are bigger I think that will be on the way! I am actually doing some negotiating on something up your alley now...if it goes through I will let you know, I have my fingers crossed...

SW, do you still drive the ES300 once and a while? It must be nice to still have it around.

I remember when the new ES's came out, you didn't even like them! Now you're really happy with it- i guess cars are weird like that, as they take time to grow on people. The same is true with me and my RX.

I actually sold my '03 to my aunt, she doesn't drive much and it will last her a long time. I get to see it from time to time...she loves it and babies it the same way I always did. That reminds me I do have to change my signature.

For a while we were pretty Lexus overloaded LOLI had both ES's. My Mom still has my Dad's LS430 that she hasn't decided what she wants to do with yet. We're going to sell their house this spring, so once she gets into a smaller place we'll have to think about finally deciding which of their cars she wants to keep. She can't bring herself to drive the LS without thinking about him so we'll probably find a new home for that, although he would have liked her to keep it and enjoy it.

I always liked the ES350 from the exterior and from a ride and drive perspective. What I didn't like was the spratan interior, they addressed a lot of that in the 2010, I still have some issues but overall its a big improvement.

Got just about 6700 on the GX! Love the enform and when you get your iPhone download the ap for it! It's pretty cool...I love the weather but traffic is pointless around where I live. Our trip to Atlantic city it showed a few traffic back ups but there wasn't anything that could have been done to avoid it.

I don't know SW something about that LS? I keep telling my wife I will have one...when the kids are bigger I think that will be on the way! I am actually doing some negotiating on something up your alley now...if it goes through I will let you know, I have my fingers crossed...

I get my iPhone tomorrow!

Yeah I love the LS, but I dunno. When you think about the fact that they cost twice what the ES costs...its tough. I'm sure I'll own one someday too lol.

Keep me posted about that thing thats up my alley!

Steve, I'm way behind the power curve when it comes to mileage on my 10'. I got it the first of September last year and I just passed 2000 miles last week!

I feel about the same as you regarding the pros and cons of what I think is a great car. It does feel heavier and more solid than my 330 did, and the power upgrade is excellent. The one and only thing I wish I could change, would be to trade the wood trim of the 330 and put it into the 350. As you pointed out, the 350 dash and overall interior is pretty plain and I loved all the wood trim of the 330.

The 350 is much more quiet and is a joy to handle both in town and on the highway. Maybe I can tell you about my 10,000 mile experience next year. LOL

Paul