New 20's On An Es350

sunburninaz

I've always tried to differentiate my cars in one way or another, whether that means full window tint, after-market wheels & tires, lift kits, or whatever it takes. Over the years, I guess I've rubbed off on my wife. We recently picked up an '07 ES350 with just 30,000 miles on it. My wife's only complaint was that it looked just like every other ES out there. No need to say anything else...

Here's where we started:

2v1p2kg.jpg

After tinting the windows:

jkvwnq.jpg

After adding a rear spoiler and 20" wheels (8.5" wide) with 245/35R20 tires:

2jagf3r.jpg

2rpw85v.jpg

eb8yt1.jpg

n5pqoh.jpg

While it may not be everyone's "cup of tea", we love the way it looks. Obviously, we lost some amount of ride comfort (though before this my wife drove my Expedition so it's still a huge improvement) but we gained a fair amount of handling. It still doesn't handle like it's on rails, but we lost alot of that floating feeling it had before. We've had no issues with rubbing at all. And surprisingly, even turning the wider tires, it's still averaging about 28 mpg in mixed city/freeway driving.

I've always tried to differentiate my cars in one way or another, whether that means full window tint, after-market wheels & tires, lift kits, or whatever it takes. Over the years, I guess I've rubbed off on my wife. We recently picked up an '07 ES350 with just 30,000 miles on it. My wife's only complaint was that it looked just like every other ES out there. No need to say anything else...

Here's where we started:

2v1p2kg.jpg

jkvwnq.jpg

2jagf3r.jpg

2rpw85v.jpg

eb8yt1.jpg

n5pqoh.jpg

While it may not be everyone's "cup of tea", we love the way it looks. Obviously, we lost some amount of ride comfort (though before this my wife drove my Expedition so it's still a huge improvement) but we gained a fair amount of handling. It still doesn't handle like it's on rails, but we lost alot of that floating feeling it had before. We've had no issues with rubbing at all. And surprisingly, even turning the wider tires, it's still averaging about 28 mpg in mixed city/freeway driving.

wow, up 3 sizes on the width from 215's to 245's and no clearance issues, good to know

with that in crease in width on a 20'' wheel I am surpried the handling isn't a dramatic difference

by just increasing tire pressure on the stock 215/55-17's from 30psi to 36psi I had a very noticeable handling improvement

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

no rubbing issues ? I want to do a 245/45/18 on a 18x8 35offset rim cant seem to find any info as to fitment most tire websites suggest 235/45/18 any input from any would be appreciated.Thanks

• Like 1

Here are pics of my 07 with to different lexus IS350 wheels all fronts 18x8 offset 40 or 45 and oe wheels 18x8 35 offset I like the stock look but 18 inch tires are 225 /45/18.

post-159932-0-59225900-1427124598_thumb.

post-159932-0-37338600-1427124763_thumb.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2011 at 4:29 AM, sunburninaz said:

Here's where we started:

2v1p2kg.jpg

jkvwnq.jpg

2jagf3r.jpg

2rpw85v.jpg

eb8yt1.jpg

n5pqoh.jpg

Looks great in white with the chrome. As long as you're happy with the ride that's the main thing.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...