I Find It Interesting About Lexus Owners

gabep

I posted this link of the maint. manual for the ES330 almost 4 years ago. Since then there has been hundreds of views and downloads of the files. The interesting part is there has never been one thank you. Just an observation.

http://www.box.net/files/email/perrrr@gmail.com/0/item/f_70220241?utm_source=trans&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=preview%2Bnotification%20folder%20link#/files/0/f/7372427/Lexus_Maint._Manual

Some of it is just part of the Internet culture where people have come to take for granted getting information for free. I'm always surprised and pleased when someone thanks me for the help I've given them. Yours and my rewards are knowing that we have helped others even if we have never been thanked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

gabep; I wasn't around four years ago, but I can see that your posting is certainly helpful. Thanks for the contribution.

In general:

Recently, some friends and I were talking about the impressions we were feeling regarding other generations, (of course it's never your own) having a sense of "entitlement"; that their owed, they have it coming to them without really needing to contribute anything in return. It's as if "I've been told I'm special all my life, and as such all I need to do is show up and you'll give me a big job and a big title with a lot of money; and of course it has to be fun all the time."

The INTERNET can be like that when no one knows who their talking to and when they have no idea what the other person has invested in time and effort to provide that information you just read. I choose to post things I find interesting believing that the audience MAY find it interesting as well. I did emphasize "MAY" because even the best of friends may not find my posting of any value what so ever, and I would rather they tell me so than blow smoke up my dress with false platitudes. It does puzzle me once and a while when a posting gets say, over a 100 views but no replies. I wonder if my information was of value or if I put out total garbage. Yet, as you say, if your reason for putting something on the forum is for a pat on the back your priorities are not in order.

By being present on the forum consistently, I have made connections with some very nice people who have not only great knowledge, but fun personalities as well and shared values.

Paul

If I was looking for a pat on the back I wouldn't have waited 4 years for it. As I said, just an observation.

All is Good cheers.gif Our members certainly appreciate all positive contrubutions B) Thanks...