Gps Display

I have a question...I seem to remember that at night the GPS used to be darker, different "Night time" graphic scheme....am I remembering correctly? The reason that I ask is that when my girlfriend and I were traveling way up in Northern California, along very dark roads she commented on how bright the screen was. I then remembered that it used to shift to a night time screen...right? I know that I can manually darken the screen but that's not what I am talking about...it used to change when the night time lights came on. My screen is always the white background and bright, too bright for night driving. Did something happen? Is there a way of switching it back? Am I remembering it wrong? Thanks, Rey in very warm LA...yes, it's February and warm.....

I have a question...I seem to remember that at night the GPS used to be darker, different "Night time" graphic scheme....am I remembering correctly? The reason that I ask is that when my girlfriend and I were traveling way up in Northern California, along very dark roads she commented on how bright the screen was. I then remembered that it used to shift to a night time screen...right? I know that I can manually darken the screen but that's not what I am talking about...it used to change when the night time lights came on. My screen is always the white background and bright, too bright for night driving. Did something happen? Is there a way of switching it back? Am I remembering it wrong? Thanks, Rey in very warm LA...yes, it's February and warm.....

There is a setting for night...and day. I think you can change the display so it is on day or night. Go into the settings you should be able to change it.

Just turn the dashboard brightness down from "full" by turning it counterclockwise just past the "click".

OK so I am a little red in the face now.......that was exactly what it was...I had the dimmer all the way up past click...like "11" on the Spinal Tap amp...sorry for the silly post and thanks...all is fine again. Rey

Just turn the dashboard brightness down from "full" by turning it counterclockwise just past the "click".

OK so I am a little red in the face now.......that was exactly what it was...I had the dimmer all the way up past click...like "11" on the Spinal Tap amp...sorry for the silly post and thanks...all is fine again. Rey

Rey...it happens :blushing:

But just so I know that I'm not crazy...my rx330 I remember the dimmer and the click but isn't there a setting to for day/night in the settings? I think there is and I had forgotten about the dimmer switch...

It's stupid... you need to have the dimmer below the click to toggle between day and night mode. Otherwise it doesn't change brightness no matter what.

I don't like to leave the dimmer down because it also dims the gauges, to the point where they're TOO dim for me. So, i just keep my dimmer on MAX and manually raise and lower the brightness on the nav. I like the look of the white screen better sometimes than others...

But i suppose for normal people it's a good feature... it's all automatic. Even if you go under a bridge it'll instantly dim the interior lights!