Remote Start For Ls460?!?

How do you start the engine simply by touching the door handle?

If your speaking of a true remote engine starter, you would have a fob with a button that you could push while in your house or office, or any where within about 1000 ft. that starts the car. On cold winter mornings, I start my car while in the kitchen and let it run for about ten minutes. When I go out it's nice and warm.

Paul

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if there is a remote starter that will work with the stock proximity keyfob available for a 2011 LS460 L AWD? I'd prefer something factory but haven't found anything out there yet? Even a good quality aftermarket would be a consideration but most out there don't seem to want to work on models with the proximity sensor system?

• 3 weeks later...

The Lexus system you can buy from the dealer integrates with the OEM smartkey. It doesn't have anything to do with proximity, but it utilizes the same fob.

They can actually use your original fob with aftermarket systems too.

Thanks Steve!

I looked before on the Lexus web site and did not find a remote start system available? But I am going to the dealership next Monday so I'll ask about it there. Any suggestions on those after market systems you found?

Well after my 5K service appointment at my not so local dealership (263 miles one way), I was informed that there is currently no remote start system available for my model.

But on a positive note, I did find that I can average over 26 mpg!

Been in contact with The Crutchfield Advisor Group regarding an aftermarket remote starting system. They mentioned that they have no information on the 2011 LS460 L AWD for either the Viper or Code Alarm systems. They're looking into the feasibility of using the Code Alarm CA6552 remote start paired with the Carlink Smartphone module.

I'll post the results when I hear back from them.

Crutchfield called back today and unfortunately told me that "they have nothing available at this time for my year, make and model".

The next one you could check out is the CompuStar Drone Mobile.

Be advised installation is just as important as the equipment. Look for a qualified installer and get references of successful keyless start cars. You don't want to be the first one for the installer.

And it may be possible remote start will not work with your car.

One additional comment, check the Facebook page of the vendor/manufacturer. An inside look at their service from the comments or complaints.

Thanks Buk for the suggestions. But for now I'm just going to have to accept the idea of starting my vehicle "the old fashion way" of pushing the button while I'm in the vehicle.

Just very surprised and disappointed that 'factory remote start' was never an option on such a well appointed vehicle.