Isc Setting

There are references to this but I am still not clear what the ISC setting is, where it is...how to reset it,etc.. Please, as if I were a 5 year old...what is it? No technobabble..just English please.

Rey, you can do it yourself if you so desire..

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58930

The dealer may charge you (likely) unless you're on really good terms with them.

Not really surpised the dealer has no idea what an ISC reset is, HOWEVER, if they follow the procedure laid out by Lexus for any service where the battery is 'supposed' to be disconnected (like changing a timing belt, which I'm sure they've done) there are instructions on resetting all the vehicle features (like the auto windows, auto sunroof etc.) and one of the procedures mentioned is the ISC reset.

My guess is that most mechanics can do a timing belt change without reading the Lexus service manual, hence they never read about the ISC reset.

lemon on July 12 of 09 you posted the actual tsb for the isc reset and i took that page into the dealer, and they were able to look it up in their online tsb system and knew exactly what to do. so i suggest for the people who have dealers who find isc a new problem just walk in with that information and they will be able to figure it out.