Need Some Info On These Wheels..

Hey guys been a while since I've been on LOC.... def never been over here to the IS side though! LOL :whistles:

I just got some wheels for my 06 Maxima. They were on an older guys IS for 3 days when he bought it brand new, and decided he wanted "sportier" wheels. they are 100% mint. perfect condition. I'm trying to keep an OEM+ look, and these wheels are beautiful enough to look great and turn heads, yet not look cheesy or TOO flashy! :rolleyes: (found on Craigs List for $600! wooooo!)

they are staggered, 18x8 and 18x8.5 +45F/R (right? haha)

IMG_20110204_164833.jpg

I just want to know the "offical" name and color of these. I've been trying to google for things but I'm out of options at this point hahah

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Type-C? That's the best Lexus could come up with? Not something cool like G-Spider.... but Type-C lol hahaha <_<

and finish.. is it hyper silver? What does Lexus call it?

i mean finish like..

chrome

black chrome

gunmetal

black

machined

polished aluminum

bronze..

is Hyper Silver what it is called? The guy I bought them from called the "Super Chrome" and I've never heard of that.

Is the IS forum the last place you think I'd pop up?? hahaha

Well I guess I'll call the Hyper Silver Type-C's lol.

Gorgeous set of wheels, def going to give the Maxima a nice look apart from others. Can't wait to get these things put on once the weather lets up!

Is the IS forum the last place you think I'd pop up?? hahaha

Well I guess I'll call the Hyper Silver Type-C's lol.

Gorgeous set of wheels, def going to give the Maxima a nice look apart from others. Can't wait to get these things put on once the weather lets up!

Don't feel bad...I bought optional 2010 Lexus OEM wheels that were simply called "E-Sport."

• 1 month later...

is +45 offset right for F/R?

That's the stock offset for the rims. What offset spec is the Maxima? I was just curious what this is going to look like, and how far out or in the wheels will be.

Is it 100% +45 for both F&R?

I just read somewhere that F=+45 and R=+50

I just want to be 100% sure of the specs before I get tires and everything.

The stock 17's for my car are.. 17x7+40 on 225/55/17

I have to have some lug nuts cut, and center bore of the wheels opened up 6mm to make these fit, a buddy works at a machine shop and can get it all done cheap&easy. but just want to make sure of specs before I start cutting up wheels :D

I have to have some lug nuts cut, and center bore of the wheels opened up 6mm to make these fit, a buddy works at a machine shop and can get it all done cheap&easy. but just want to make sure of specs before I start cutting up wheels :D

Are you sure you want to do this?

The Is comes stock with a staggered set up. (wider rims on the rear than on the front). So the front and rears are different sets. I assumed you had two sets of the front rims? If so, they will all obviuosly be the same offset. If you have a set of fronts and rears, then they are different offsets to compensate for the wider rim. If you have 2 sets of rear IS rims, then yes, the offset is +50.

Ok perfect.

yes I have staggered.

Sure I want to do it? lol i'm halfway there! just got wheels bored out +6mm lol

good it's +50, will poke a bit less than +45.