Headlights

cess

Hi,

i'verecently acquired a Lexus SC430 and I feel that the dipped headlights are too low. does anyone know if there is any way to raise them a little. I can't see as far in front as i would like. Any advice would be much appreciated

Cess

Yes indeed there is. Behind each headlight there should be a silvery-looking "nut" that can be turned to adjust the pitch of the headlight beam.

You didn't mention what year SC430 yours is. The 01-05 might be a little different than the 06-present.

This is what the 01-05's will look like. Turn that nut and the projector beam should raise. Not sure on the direction, so play around with it a bit.

2j14s3b.jpg

And i'm not sure what this thing does, but it might also connect to the projector beam. There may be 2 nuts controlling the pitch of the projector to add strength. See if these "holes" can be turned.

15xpm3b.jpg

And here's what the 06-present year Sc430's will look like. This one's a little harder to gain access to.

nccg83.jpg

And i'm not sure, but there may be another nut you need to turn as well. It looks like some type of gear system that connects the high beam reflector and low beam projector. See if those "holes" look like something that need to be turned.

2929mvm.jpg

No prob. Just make sure to keep track of how many rotations you make on each screw, in case something goes wrong requiring you to turn them in the opp direction to correct the mistake. <_<