Chitcago

nc211

People agreed to disagree about the world being flat too, doesn't make it any less round ;)

Lenore should at least be happy that the scientist who promoted that wild theory that the earth is not flat was not funded by the U.S. government. <_<

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As is quoted B)

"Everything you've ever known has been proven to be wrong. A thousand years ago everybody knew as a fact, that the earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

As is quoted B)

"Everything you've ever known has been proven to be wrong. A thousand years ago everybody knew as a fact, that the earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

The geatest discovery is yet to happen.

As is quoted B)

The geatest discovery is yet to happen.

So true B)

OK but what about all of the fraud in England with falsefied data to support Global warming? It did make the media for a brief time...There is also a whole group of scientist that dispute the theory.

Hey One volcano does more damage than man. Dont get me wrong, I believe in conservation, keeping our air and water clean, but the extortion from groups to buy carbon credits is just rediculous. Hey give me some of that money that idiots give for carbon credits as Al goes flying around the country in his jet. Billions have been poured into this, and all it really has done is proprogate missinformation. Again, follow the money trail. Along with all of our industry being driven to countries that havent the government burden of operating, even though we have some of the cleanest industry in the world....

OK but what about all of the fraud in England with falsefied data to support Global warming? It did make the media for a brief time...There is also a whole group of scientist that dispute the theory.

Hey One volcano does more damage than man. Dont get me wrong, I believe in conservation, keeping our air and water clean, but the extortion from groups to buy carbon credits is just rediculous. Hey give me some of that money that idiots give for carbon credits as Al goes flying around the country in his jet. Billions have been poured into this, and all it really has done is proprogate missinformation. Again, follow the money trail. Along with all of our industry being driven to countries that havent the government burden of operating, even though we have some of the cleanest industry in the world....

cheers.gif

I could give a rip about Gore. The only thing I gained from his name was a raised awareness regarding climate change. The fraud regarding this subject is unfortunately, what seems to be a natural human failing when as you say, there is money to be made. But, because one student cheated on a test so they could win a prize, does not mean the whole class cheated.

Yes, volcanoes have polluted the earth and killed thousand of people over thousands if not millions of years. They can be devastating. On the other hand they provide lava and ash that over time create the most productive and fertile land in the world. They create new earth for man and animals to inhabit. They create minerals for mining, and diamonds to empty your wallet. It should be our goal to take the pollution we create and either stop it or convert it into useful purposes.

It seems as though every epidemic, war, conflict, political movement, science discovery has brought with it either free market or institutionalized profiteering. I don't know enough about the carbon tax credits to have an informed opinion. But based upon what we've talked about here on these postings, it is something I have a responsibility to read more about.

I am curious how all of you feel about moving away from gasoline powered cars to other types of fuel. Can it be done? Will the oil companies let it happen? What do you think should be done?

Paul

Totally am for move to alternative to oil....What is taking so long for mass production of fuel cell cars...There are a bunch around this neck of the woods...must be cost versus real world economics.

As for associating with scientist, that is fine, but of course they are going to champion their pocket book. Like saying I have been around government (service brat) and ex military, and they are to be trusted with the financial security of our nation in spending.? Look at the post office, social security, medicare, boy they are really well ran....Same with grants to scientist that dont want to become unemployed. We are capable of cleaning up our past habits, but are we capable of weeding out fraud....????? <_< <_<

I started this with Global warming? sorry everybody.

Sorry NC hope you are not buried under a disaster of snow...God I remember those days, I lived in North Dakota, and South Dakota where the snow completely covered your door way and you had to go out the back door, so you could shovel the snow off the front door, which wouldnt open....and do this while it was -20 below zero....Yea I know, my kids (California) dont believe a word....even walked to school in the snow, what a unusual concept...mom didnt have a car, and there was no bus....go figure. Dad had it worse though, working on B52's with no hanger, and wind blowing 50 mph all of the time. waiting for that nuclear strike over the north pole....Yep those were the days..

Sorry NC hope you are not buried under a disaster of snow...God I remember those days, I lived in North Dakota, and South Dakota where the snow completely covered your door way and you had to go out the back door, so you could shovel the snow off the front door, which wouldnt open....and do this while it was -20 below zero....Yea I know, my kids (California) dont believe a word....even walked to school in the snow, what a unusual concept...mom didnt have a car, and there was no bus....go figure. Dad had it worse though, working on B52's with no hanger, and wind blowing 50 mph all of the time. waiting for that nuclear strike over the north pole....Yep those were the days..

As my father-in-law tells me, he walked to school, 10 miles, up hill, in a 20 mph wind, backwards! LOL

I'm glad your Dad was there. We all slept better.

Paul

I think that's how we find out the truth. We argue, fight and go to war over it, then I set up a government that teaches you what the truth is........

Hey One volcano does more damage than man

One volcano does more damage than man all at once, but that doesn't mean that over time the damage done by Man doesn't add up to significant damage.

Totally am for move to alternative to oil....What is taking so long for mass production of fuel cell cars...

No government funding because Big Oil lobbyists keep these initiatives from being funded. No funding = no innovation.

As for associating with scientist, that is fine, but of course they are going to champion their pocket book.

Thats what I'm saying...they really don't. For true scientists the science is whats important.

You guys crack me up! How in the world did this thread go from me barking about shoveling snow in my Chitcago driveway in January, to Al Gore, glow-ball warming, to nuke strikes on the north pole? Anybody seen the movie PCU? This world today reminds me of that movie - always a protest, always being "wronged" by someone!

Lenore, I'm glad you're dad was there too, working on those 52's! My dad use to fly 52's over the northern atlantic with 6 nukes in the belly on a 24/7 rotation, waiting for the orders to hit russia. Mission was called Chrome Dome. He tells stories about N. Dakota in the winters, as he now sits in Naples, FL as a retiree.

You guys crack me up! How in the world did this thread go from me barking about shoveling snow in my Chitcago driveway in January, to Al Gore, glow-ball warming, to nuke strikes on the north pole? Anybody seen the movie PCU? This world today reminds me of that movie - always a protest, always being "wronged" by someone!

I said this thread was going no where fast! :cheers:

I said this thread was going no where fast! :cheers:

Guy's, the explanation is pretty simple. It has nothing to do with protest oe bitching, were obviously just a bunch of pathetic guys with WAY too much time on our hands and nowhere to go and drink coffee. If that wasn't true, there wouldn't be some of these post on the forum clocked during the middle of the night!

Paul

Lenore, I'm glad you're dad was there too, working on those 52's! My dad use to fly 52's over the northern atlantic with 6 nukes in the belly on a 24/7 rotation, waiting for the orders to hit russia. Mission was called Chrome Dome. He tells stories about N. Dakota in the winters, as he now sits in Naples, FL as a retiree.

Wow small world, we were there from 1960 to 62 (minot) and 63 to 66 (Ellsworth S.D.)

I said this thread was going no where fast!cheers.gif

Guy's, the explanation is pretty simple. It has nothing to do with protest oe bitching, were obviously just a bunch of pathetic guys with WAY too much time on our hands and nowhere to go and drink coffee. If that wasn't true, there wouldn't be some of these post on the forum clocked during the middle of the night!

Paul

Maybe we should have Bumping coffee cups cheers.gif:lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

Thats pretty much the long and the short of it!

You guys crack me up! How in the world did this thread go from me barking about shoveling snow in my Chitcago driveway in January, to Al Gore, glow-ball warming, to nuke strikes on the north pole?

That would be lenore ... still again. :chairshot:

No no no, the ski mask was for shoveling nc's driveway during the snowstorm. The GLOVEs were for global warming! .....by the way, I was in the back doing inventory of the liquor supply when the whole thing went down. I didn't see nut'en buddy.

Paul