Chitcago

nc211

This is one of the reasons why I hate this damn town! So much snow, it actually made a small crack in the windshield of the 4runner turn into an entire break from side to side. Took me over 6 hours to dig out, with a snow blower! It was snowing so hard, snow went up our roof vents and down into our attic. How did we find this out? When one of the three pizza sized piles of snow in the attic (3 inches deep each) began to melt today, it dripped into one of the fire alarms and shorted out our fire and security system. I had to shovel snow in my friggin' attic!!

You know you're screwed when Jim Cantore shows up in your town....

post-15797-0-52555700-1296763936_thumb.j

post-15797-0-94454400-1296763945_thumb.j

post-15797-0-89346600-1296763951_thumb.j

post-15797-0-94425000-1296763958_thumb.j

post-15797-0-32189000-1296763967_thumb.j

post-15797-0-61932700-1296763974_thumb.j

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NC sucks bud! Get some fans in the attic to dry it up. That little water can cause big problems if you don't get it taken care of. Well the weather here was 62 yesterday and 30 today? What's going on? Hope you had some beers in between the 6 hrs of snow blowing.

:cheers:

This is one of the reasons why I hate this damn town! So much snow, it actually made a small crack in the windshield of the 4runner turn into an entire break from side to side. Took me over 6 hours to dig out, with a snow blower! It was snowing so hard, snow went up our roof vents and down into our attic. How did we find this out? When one of the three pizza sized piles of snow in the attic (3 inches deep each) began to melt today, it dripped into one of the fire alarms and shorted out our fire and security system. I had to shovel snow in my friggin' attic!!

You know you're screwed when Jim Cantore shows up in your town....

NC, That isn't anything :lol: We have had 40 inches on the ground here for 2 months, The drifts on the end of my driveway are 6-7 feet tall and have been for weeks, Last month it snowed 23 out of 31 days, Welcome to the club cheers.gif:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like here last year!

As for "global warming", global warming doesn't specifically mean that everywhere in the world is getting hotter and we won't have snow anywhere, etc. In fact a lot of studies show that warmer waters in the gulf, etc contribute to more frequent and stronger winter storms that bring MORE snow to areas like ours, and to areas that have never had significant snow before.

Whether you like Al Gore or not, when you start doing your own research its really impossible to deny that the climate of the earth is changing, and that the pollutants we dump into the atmosphere contributes to that change.

Looks like here last year!

As for "global warming", global warming doesn't specifically mean that everywhere in the world is getting hotter and we won't have snow anywhere, etc. In fact a lot of studies show that warmer waters in the gulf, etc contribute to more frequent and stronger winter storms that bring MORE snow to areas like ours, and to areas that have never had significant snow before.

Whether you like Al Gore or not, when you start doing your own research its really impossible to deny that the climate of the earth is changing, and that the pollutants we dump into the atmosphere contributes to that change.

Additionally, climate change and weather are not the same thing. When it snows three feet and it's -10 below outside, everyone says the same thing about global warming, or more correctly long term climate change. Climate is the patterns of weather over long periods of time such as decades, quarter centuries, centuries and so on. Weather is what happens by the hour or day or forty eight hours or even a week, etc. Just as you would not say "it's been below freezing for three days now, it must be global cooling, nor would the same be true that a few hot days in the summer are global warming. It is all long, long term trends.

Like or dislike Gore, the science is good and fact.

Paul

Hmmmmm GLOBAL WARMING (THE AL GORE FOLLY)

And remember ... if it wasn't for the High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991 (commonly called the Gore Bill), you likely wouldn't be on an Internet car forum throwing rocks at Gore.

Do you guys have PhD's in climatology that we've never heard about? ;)

No I just knew someone was going to do it and i figured I would start buying drinks now...because this is going nowhere fast! :lol: :)

bESIDES WE tax payers have to support those grants to the scientist, especially when they proprogate their theories to get more grant money, no matter how false the numbers are. What a giant boondoggle....follow the money trail.

bESIDES WE tax payers have to support those grants to the scientist, especially when they proprogate their theories to get more grant money, no matter how false the numbers are. What a giant boondoggle....follow the money trail.

Living here in Washington I know a good many scientists, and have a good many friends and business contacts that have spouses who are scientists, etc. Scientists aren't like that, they aren't "money driven" people. In fact...I've found they care very little about money at all...they are perfectly happy to be in a lab discovering things...drive their Prius or Subaru...go home and read journals and articles...and do the same thing the next day...and thats it. They don't really care about wealth or what have you.

Thats the political statement that is thrown out there, but its really not the case. Anyways, without scientists and grant money we wouldn't have any of the medical advancements we have today, the technological advancements we have today, we would still think the world was flat and the sun revolved around it. Is it of significant cost to the taxpayer? Yes, but also of significant benefit. Its much cheaper than nationbuilding and occupying foreign countries we have no business being in, thats a fact.

Whats the solution? Cut off all funding for scientific research unless the findings suit our purposes? This isn't Iran. Its actually quite the opposite situation, you've got LOAD of special interest groups and corporations that pollute trying to spread the idea that the whole notion that pollution is bad for the earth (and thats really all Global Warming says) is some crazy fringe idea propogated by people who want to steal our money. Thats nonsense, its not a crazy fringe idea, its overwhelmingly accepted in the scientific community as a fact. You somehow think a lobbyist for chemical manufacturers has your best interest more at heart than a scientist in a lab at UC Berkeley? Come on.

Its not a political thing, its a question of common sense and the preponderance of the evidence. Evidence that greenhouse gas emissions effect the climate of the planet is overwhelming. Evidence that the global climate is changing is overwhelming. Common sense agrees, these things are not released into the atmosphere by nature in near the quantities we release them, and it simply makes sense that those gasses in those concentrations would upset the proper balance of the atmosphere. If you look at the earth's history you see LOTS of examples of times when global calamities threw chemicals and ask into the atmosphere and it effected the climate of the planet. Ice ages, meteor impacts, volcanic eruptions. Google the "little ice age".

You wont find any research anywhere, that doesn't come from a politically or business backed source, that refutes the statement "Pollution is bad for the atmosphere of the earth and is causing long term changes to our climate". Thats all the idea of "Global Warming" is.

We can either listen to people who have degrees and have studied the climate of the planet and the effect pollutants have on it their entire lives, or we can listen to people who believe the earth is 2000 years old and we're all descended from one man and one woman. Thats really the two sides of this argument.

Living here in Washington I know a good many scientists, and have a good many friends and business contacts that have spouses who are scientists, etc. Scientists aren't like that, they aren't "money driven" people. In fact...I've found they care very little about money at all...they are perfectly happy to be in a lab discovering things...drive their Prius or Subaru...go home and read journals and articles...and do the same thing the next day...and thats it. They don't really care about wealth or what have you.

Thats the political statement that is thrown out there, but its really not the case. Anyways, without scientists and grant money we wouldn't have any of the medical advancements we have today, the technological advancements we have today, we would still think the world was flat and the sun revolved around it. Is it of significant cost to the taxpayer? Yes, but also of significant benefit. Its much cheaper than nationbuilding and occupying foreign countries we have no business being in, thats a fact.

Whats the solution? Cut off all funding for scientific research unless the findings suit our purposes? This isn't Iran. Its actually quite the opposite situation, you've got LOAD of special interest groups and corporations that pollute trying to spread the idea that the whole notion that pollution is bad for the earth (and thats really all Global Warming says) is some crazy fringe idea propogated by people who want to steal our money. Thats nonsense, its not a crazy fringe idea, its overwhelmingly accepted in the scientific community as a fact. You somehow think a lobbyist for chemical manufacturers has your best interest more at heart than a scientist in a lab at UC Berkeley? Come on.

Its not a political thing, its a question of common sense and the preponderance of the evidence. Evidence that greenhouse gas emissions effect the climate of the planet is overwhelming. Evidence that the global climate is changing is overwhelming. Common sense agrees, these things are not released into the atmosphere by nature in near the quantities we release them, and it simply makes sense that those gasses in those concentrations would upset the proper balance of the atmosphere. If you look at the earth's history you see LOTS of examples of times when global calamities threw chemicals and ask into the atmosphere and it effected the climate of the planet. Ice ages, meteor impacts, volcanic eruptions. Google the "little ice age".

You wont find any research anywhere, that doesn't come from a politically or business backed source, that refutes the statement "Pollution is bad for the atmosphere of the earth and is causing long term changes to our climate". Thats all the idea of "Global Warming" is.

We can either listen to people who have degrees and have studied the climate of the planet and the effect pollutants have on it their entire lives, or we can listen to people who believe the earth is 2000 years old and we're all descended from one man and one woman. Thats really the two sides of this argument.

I agree totaly. I will gladly pay my fair share in taxes to help find ways to reverse the mess we've put ourselves in.

Paul

PS.....I love you too dcfish!