Windshield Washers

I'm surprised your washer nozzles can't be adjusted upwards enough -- I keep a couple of straight pins in the console of my LS for doing that and happen to have adjusted the washer nozzles on both our Camry and LS during the past weekend.

You might see if you can use nozzles made for a different Lexus vehicle. I saw a number of threads in the past where people replaced the one- or two-stream washer nozzles on early Lexus cars with three-stream nozzles like one ones that came on my 00 LS. The washer nozzles on my LS have a big adjustment range - I adjusted one too high over the weekend and the water stream from it was shooting over the roof and hitting the trunk lid.

Have you tried adjusting the washer nozzles yourself?

The new nozzles are just single stream and can't be adjusted...and they are underneath the edge of the hood lip, so they can't be replaced with older Lexus nozzles.

Thank you, Steve. My bad.

Single stream, nonadjustable washer nozzles on new RX vehicles? This is progress?

Give me a drill and I'll make any washer nozzles you want from another Lexus model fit! :wacko:

I'm actually old enough to remember people installing windshield washers on cars that were made before they were standard equipment. There were even aftermarket windshield washer kits available complete with all the hoses and a water bag that hung on a bracket you mounted under the hood. One kit I remember from the 1950's wasn't electric. It had a rubber pump/bladder you mounted on the floor board of the car and you had to repeatedly pump the bladder to force water on to the windshield. Hmmmm ... maybe one of those would work on an RX.