2000 Rx300 Center Display Light

brad6006

I bought my RX300 a few months ago. The center display unit light for radio and fan is intermittant. Sometimes the display lights upon starting the engine, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes while going down the road it will come on. Once it comes on, it stays lit until the engine is shut off. Its not the dimmer or brightness buttons. The clock will not keep time on the display either. When I set the time, it stays on that same setting the whole time the display is lit. Clock lights up but will not keep time. Pre-sets for radio wont work unless the display is lit.

Sounds like a short of some kind to me. I know there have been threads on similar problems but I havent found a cure.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you clock is not properly exiting the "SET" mode. Every time I reset that clock with changes in Daylight Saving Time, it's always a new experience to get it right. As for the light, sounds like a bad connection somewhere back there in the power supply to the lighting circuit. Good luck with that one.

May be a loose connector on the back of the center console assembly...Requires pulling the dash trim and pulling the radio to see whether the connectors are all tight.