Riddled With Indecision Gs 300 Or Ls 400

In need of advice from Lexus lovers. I find myself having to choose between a 1995 GS 300 with 189,000 miles or a 1995 LS 400 with 129,000 miles. Both have been well maintained since purchase with regular schedule maintance visits. The only major problems encountered with the GS include replacement of the distributor O ring, power steering pump and rack assembly, sensors, water pump, damper sub assembly and the rear main seal. I assume these can all be expected as normal wear while enroute to high mileage. On the other hand, the LS has had no major repairs. As the LS gains mileage can I expect to replace virturally the same items. or do they have a more reliable history? I rarely see GS's of this model on the roadways and so wonder if they are considered somewhat collectable? Any suggestions from folks who know these cars best? As you can see, I am literally riddled with indecision. Thank you.

The first gen GS is not one of my favorite cars - and Lexus knew the general public thought the same way and changed them in '98. They were a great car then, especially the GS400 ( I'm biased of course...).

The 95 LS was a great car as are all LS's. I'd agree with DC that the LS is the one.

The amount of expensive repairs needed on that GS are not all age related, and I'd pass on that car for sure. Find a second gen GS400 and drive it and you'll see.