Was Car In Accident

CINCY

Which panels have been re-painted? Bumpers are often re-painted before sold as pre-owns even if the damage is as little as rock chips. But if fenders and doors have been re-painted it's probably more complicated...

There are no reliable information sources that can tell you if your car has been damaged or repainted -- particularly if there was no insurance claim. I've had cars touched up and even completely repainted and I certainly didn't file any reports with CARFAX.

All door, hood, trunk and 1/4 panels have a vin sticker on them. Check to see if they're all present- that should tell you if these parts have been replaced or just re-painted on the outside.

If you haven't already checked with Lexusdrivers.com website, you might register there, putting in the VIN number of your car and get a report of all dealer service history. You can also put in any non-dealer service that you have performed, so that you have a place to keep track of it.

There are no reliable information sources that can tell you if your car has been damaged or repainted -- particularly if there was no insurance claim. I've had cars touched up and even completely repainted and I certainly didn't file any reports with CARFAX.

Thanks for the feedback.

All door, hood, trunk and 1/4 panels have a vin sticker on them. Check to see if they're all present- that should tell you if these parts have been replaced or just re-painted on the outside.

Thanks for the feedback. It appears that both rear 1/4 panels, rear bumper, rear glass and trunk have been replaced. Car was must likely rear ended.

If you haven't already checked with Lexusdrivers.com website, you might register there, putting in the VIN number of your car and get a report of all dealer service history. You can also put in any non-dealer service that you have performed, so that you have a place to keep track of it.

Thanks for the feedback. I will go to the website that you suggested. Lets see how lucky I am.

That site will only have records directly from Lexus and they never have any details...

Check the gaps between the trunk and 1/4 panels and check the edges for paint flaking. If all the gaps look even and if you don't see the paint flaking, then most likely the repairs were made correctly and there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

How's the quality of the overall paint repairs? Can you see a color difference? Was it blended well? Are there a lot of dust particles, drips, runs and orange peel?