Power Windows Do Not Work

filhiol

2004 Rx 330, bought brand new and have put only 31,000 miles on it. I had to replace the battery recently and just noticed that the only power window that functions is the driver's window. The power sunroof and tail gate work as well as the driver window. Tried all the fixes listed in the manual to no avail. Have disconnected reconnected the new battery twice-still the rear windows as well as the passenger window will not operate. Anyone know of a solution. I haven't checked fuses but I would assume the driver side window would be on the same fuse as the others. Any help and or suggestion will be appreciated.

Apparently no one on this forum has knowledge of the problem I am having. My car was built in Canada so this is no big surprise. Does anyone know of another forum covering Lexus? This is our first and last Lexus as we have had several problems that we never had when we used Nissan vehicles and will return to that brand next time.

This is a feature of the auto open close feature. I can't remember how to reset it but do a search it has been covered before. My 04 rx330 did this after a battery change and I fixed it. By the way I didn't have many problems with mine at all.

- Whenever disconnecting the battery terminal, reset all the other systems besides the power window control system.

(a) Turn the ignition switch ON.

(B) Halfway open the power window by pressing the power window switch.

© Fully pull up the switch until the power window is fully closed and continue to hold the switch for approx. 1 second after the power window is fully closed.

(d) Check that the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally.

If the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally, reset operations have been completed at this time. If not normal, follow steps (e) to (g) below.

(e) Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 seconds.

(f) Connect the battery terminal.

(g) Perform the above steps (a) to (d) again. If the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally, reset operations have been completed at this time. If not normal, follow steps (h) to (k) below.

(h) Turn the ignition switch ON.

(i) Halfway open the power window by pressing the power window switch.

(j) Fully pull up the switch until the power window is fully closed and continue to hold the switch for approx. 12 seconds after the power window is fully closed.

(k) Check that the AUTO UP/DOWN function operates normally..."

Try this.

Just had same issue with my 2007 rx 350. You have to hold the button at full up at each window for a few seconds (it will be blinking and then it turns solid) Each window needs to be reset this way