Rear Hatch / Tailgate Will Not Open

Tomcio78

Hi,

Wondering if anyone ran into this problem!!!! My power Hatch on my 2004 RX330 stopped working. It will not open from the inside nor the remote? I know about the button in the glove box so thats out of the question as well as the doors having to be unlocked. I have held the button on the remote for some time and nothing nor will the button on the inside of the vehicle work. I would try the handle but that went a few months ago and I cant use that either. Any other suggestions??? Oh, also what might be wrong with the rear hatch handle on the outside of the vehicle????? Is it just the handle or something more inside the door????? HELP!!!!!!!!!! Buler Buler

Hi,

Wondering if anyone ran into this problem!!!! My power Hatch on my 2004 RX330 stopped working. It will not open from the inside nor the remote? I know about the button in the glove box so thats out of the question as well as the doors having to be unlocked. I have held the button on the remote for some time and nothing nor will the button on the inside of the vehicle work. I would try the handle but that went a few months ago and I cant use that either. Any other suggestions??? Oh, also what might be wrong with the rear hatch handle on the outside of the vehicle????? Is it just the handle or something more inside the door????? HELP!!!!!!!!!! Buler Buler

You might do a search on this site and on Club Lexus. I have read before of the mechanism in the rear gate breaking, just don't remember exactly how they got in to fix it, but they did. Just search "inoperative rear hatch handle" or "broken rear hatch handle" or "can't get into rear hatch" or something along that line. Remember, if your 1st search words turn you up empty handed, try again. Search engines are pretty persnickity sometimes about how you word things, they're not forgiving like Google is.

The inoperative outside handle is probably related to the complete failure somehow. Bet next time you'll fix the original problem before it starts having babies, Huh? :lol:

Hi,

You might do a search on this site and on Club Lexus. I have read before of the mechanism in the rear gate breaking, just don't remember exactly how they got in to fix it, but they did. Just search "inoperative rear hatch handle" or "broken rear hatch handle" or "can't get into rear hatch" or something along that line. Remember, if your 1st search words turn you up empty handed, try again. Search engines are pretty persnickity sometimes about how you word things, they're not forgiving like Google is.

The inoperative outside handle is probably related to the complete failure somehow. Bet next time you'll fix the original problem before it starts having babies, Huh? :lol:

Searched both this and Club Lexus about the issue and cant find anything about it when both are broke... Thanks anyway