2006 Rx400H

DEAR FRIENDS HI!

I AM THE OWNER OF A 2006 RX400H THAT I DID BUY IT USED THREE MONTHS AGO AND IT HAS 70000 Km . MY PROBLEM IS : ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING WORKS FINE , THE CLOCK GOES OFF AT ANY TIME ( OR IT DOESN’T COME ON AT THE TURN OFF THE KEY AT ALL ) AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS : I AM NOT ABLE TO CONTROL ANY OF THE CLIMATE CONTROLS ( BUTTONS ) OR THE DISPLAY BUTTONS . IT HAPPENS THAT WHEN I TRY TO TURN ON THE LIGHTS , THE CLOCK COMES ON , SOME TIMES THEN EVERYTHING WORKS OK AGAIN BUT MOST OF THE TIMES BY PRESSING ANY OF THE ABOVE BUTTONS THE CLOCK SHUTS OFF AGAIN AND NOTHING WORKS AGAIN.........

I NEED YOUR HELP BECAUSE I CANT CONTROL THE TEMPE CHER OFF THE CABIN NOR CHANGE FROM NAVY TO INFO NOR TELEPHONE ON THE DISPLAY .

PS. AT ALL TIMES THE SCREEN WORKS FINE AND I CAN ONLY USE IT AS A TOUCHSCREEN .

I THANK YOU

GEORGE LOGOTHETIS

If it has a rebuilt or salvage title, it was previously in an accident (declared a total loss by an insurance company), and was repaired and inspected to be safe to drive on highways again. It may have problems related to the accident if they weren't repaired completely or correctly. This should show up on a Carfax or other vehicle history report, and the title paperwork should have a brand on it indicating "rebuilt," for example.

This may not be the case at all, I'm just thinking of a possibility.

Are there hours/days where everything is working perfectly? Or does it seem permanent?

If its sporadic, what seems to set it off? Does it work fine when the lights are off and then suddenly stop working when the lights are turned on? Does it go ON/OFF by turning the car ON and OFF? Does pressing the menu, dest or climate buttons trigger this? Or does it happen when you go over a bump?

Also, has anyone ever removed the console before? Has the passenger airbag ever deployed? (as this requires a new dashboard to be installed). The wires that feed the center console units are very "rigid" and can easily break if handled often. If it's ever been taken apart before something might have happened.

BUT, if what triggers this problem is turning lights ON or OFF, or turning the car ON and OFF etc, then it's most likely an electrical problem and not a loose wire etc.

DEAR FRIENDS HI AGAIN

ABOUT MY PROBLEM IT SEEMS THAT HAPPENS WHEN THE WEATHER IS COLD UNDER 10Co ( I THINK IT HAPPENS , LIKE TODAY WE HAVE 3-5 C AND NEVER CAME ON ) . ABOUT THE LIGHTS THAT I SAY , I MEAN THAT WHEN THE CLOCK GOES OFF BY TURNING THE LIGHTS ON THE CLOCK COMES ON TOO AND 5 OUT 10 TIMES IF I LEAVE IT , IT STARTS WORKING AGAIN . ABOUT HAVING AN ACCIDENT , I DID HAVE TO FIX SOME PARTS ON THE FRONT AXEL THAT WERE BENT AND THE ALOE WHEEL .

NOW THE CAR CAME FROM US AND IN ORDER TO SHOW KILOMETERS ON THE DISPLAY AND THE RADIO TO RECEIVE THE EVEN NUMBERS ( STATIONS ) SOME WORK WAS DONE FOR THIS . I DON’T KNOW WHAT...... THIS IS MY CARS STORY .

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

GEORGE

• 2 weeks later...

DEAR FRIENDS HI AGAIN !

ABOUT THE PROBLEM THAT I HAD WITH THE CLOCK IN MY LEXUS ...... I FOUND THE PROBLEM . I HAPPEN TO BE AN ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN HERE IN GREECE , AND BECAUSE THE SCREEN IN ORDER TO GET ONE USED IT COSTS OVER €1000.00

I OPENED IT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS . SO I FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS A WHITE CONNECTION TAPE ( 30 PIN ) BETWEEN THE SCREEN MODULE AND THE CLOCK MODULE . THERE WERE SOME BAD CONNECTIONS SO AFTER I RI SOLDER THEM EVERYTHING STARTED TO WORK FINE .

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP , AND I REPLY TO MY PROBLEM SO I MAY HELP SOMEONE ...

I THANK YOU GEORGE

That's great news, George! By the way, do you know if there is a city in Greece (near the Turkey border) that is called "Soli" or something similar in spelling? I can't seem to be able to find it on a map but apparently, one of my ancestors is from there.

Thanks,

Dave

Dear Logostar:

Please turn off your CAP LOCK. Thank you.

Regarding your problem - possibly a bad solder connection, especially since you say it happens when colder out. Things shrink when cold...human and mechanical...

*edit* I really should read the whole post before answering..I see you already solved the problem..