Replacement Bulbs For 1990 Ls400 Instrument Cluster

dthouston

What are equivalent aftermarket bulbs/lamps (mfg and #) for a 1990 LS400? Preferably, name-brand (eg, Phillips, Sylvania, etc) "long life" bulbs, which are usually rated at 14V, I believe.

The bulbs in-question are:

A: 16 miniature (< 1/2 inch long) bulbs that insert into the back of the Combination Meter (aka, "instrument cluster"). These bulbs have wedge bases that push into blue plastic twist-in bases.

PLUS...

B: 8 miniature ( < 1/2 inch long) bulbs that go into the Warning Light Assembly (which is located above the Combination Meter and reflects downward on the front of the Combination Meter "glass"). These bulbs have pig-tails that are threaded through holes into gray plastic twist-in bases. These bulbs - since they don't have a wedge base - are slightly shorter than the bulbs in "A" (above).

I want to replace ALL these bulbs while I have the cluster pulled to repair the speedometer. At 20 years old, a couple of the bulbs are out, and I expect it's only a matter of time before they begin dying en-masse.

BTW: the speedo was reading too low, but I discovered that all I had to do is move the needle upward a little to fix the problem.

The Lexus dealer wants over $7 EACH for these bulbs!

Thanks!

DT in Houston

Unfortunately they're a very unusual size... i doubt you'd be able to get them from Autozone or alike stores.

Can you post pics of a few? I might have some from recent projects, i know i have slightly used ones somewhere (from 2003 Rx300) and if they're the same size they'd work great.