Spark Plug Wires - How Often To Change Them?

Zdeno

Hi guy, I just thinking that I will change the spark plugs to my 1991 LS 400 167K and don´t know if I need to change cables too. So I´d like to ask you how often the wires need to be change.

In my repare manual I found they recommending this 2 types of spurk plugs ND PK20R11 and NGK BKR6EP11 so I found the first one on web for good price I think.

http://www.drivewire.com/OEMPartDetail/MYR...ND_PK20R11.html

Please some info about wires. Thank you !!!

you really don't have to swap the cables out. JUst make sure they are clean and leak-free. Some of us have replaced the cables because we wanted to get better performance from the cables, but you don't have to, unless there is something wrong with them.

Thank you very much guys !! Ok I´ll change just the spark plugs because I was thinking about the light vibration when I put the stick shift To R or D position, but when it is on P or N I don´t feel any vybration, tingle of my car. I was thinking that it can be trany or motor mounts or the bad spark plugs what do you think ?

change wires as well, its recommended to change them once in a while. sometimes they are a cause for the weak spark. its only 100$ for the oem toyota part so i think you should do it

• 2 weeks later...

SON OF A :censored: !!!!!! THe last spark plug is stuck...fast. I was able to turn it out about 2 turns but now it is totally stuck.... :chairshot:

I'm going to buy some PB Blaster to see if the catalyst will break the bond......I hope to god it's not cross threaded.... :angry: