Check Engine Light

Dingpao

I have a 2003 Lexus IS300 and the check engine light came on, it requires a front catalytic converter, I took it to a shop and they said i need to just replace the two front ones. They said I have to buy the oem version in order for the check engine light to go off. Do I really have to buy oem? I found an assy by Eastern will that work and its direct fit to the 2003 IS 300 standards, please help or recomend.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2003 Lexus IS300 and the check engine light came on, it requires a front catalytic converter, I took it to a shop and they said i need to just replace the two front ones. They said I have to buy the oem version in order for the check engine light to go off. Do I really have to buy oem? I found an assy by Eastern will that work and its direct fit to the 2003 IS 300 standards, please help or recomend.

I went to Autozone, they got one for 600 thats made by magnaflow. its a direct fit. Whatever direct fit one you get should work. If the light doesnt go off you can use a error code reader and just delete it so it doesnt come back on... After you change the converters, unplug your positive battery terminal for like 15 min to reset your ecu. Dont go oem, they are like 1262 at the dealership, a complete rip off

• 2 months later...