Tire Pressure Issue

jcon

I bought a 2006 LS 430 7/10. About 10/10 the tire pressure warning system displayed "Low Tire". When I checked, all tires were 10 to 20 pounds low. I filled them, and reset the warning system. Since then the tires lose between 5 to 10 pounds of pressure a month. I have had all tires checked for leaks. Tires do not leak. I took the car to Novato Toyota, where I purchased the car and C & A Extended Warranty. They checked the tires and found no leak. Somewhere between putting the full tires on the car and a month later, they loose 5 to 10 pounds. They tell me that the tire pressure warning system is not and cannot be causing the leak. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have a suggestion how to resolve it.

...Since then the tires lose between 5 to 10 pounds of pressure a month. ..... Tires do not leak. ..... They checked the tires and found no leak....

The tires clearly do leak if you are losing 5-10 pounds a month. The warning system is just alerting you to the fact. As they say don't blame the messenger... Maybe more accurate to state they didn't find the leak, rather than they aren't leaking.

I suspect leaking at bead of tire. Have tire company break the bead, apply some bead sealer and reset tire to wheel and rebalance. While you are at it maybe add a new valve stem as they are inexpensive.

does anyone have a suggestion how to resolve it.

How to resolve? Take your car to a competent tire shop. Obviously, the Toyota dealer is not all that competent in tires. Losing 5-10 lbs/month is pretty significant and should be rather easy and quick for an experienced tire shop to locate the leak.