Abnormal Noise During Sunroof Operation

mytwosons

I have a 2006 GX470 I am experiencing an abnormal knocking noise everytime i operate my sunroof wether its tilting or opening the sliding roof just after it stops after operation. The noise is coming from the headliner besides the maplight. Anybody experience this kind of problem? A step by step procedure on how to remove the headliner would be helpful. Thanks.

I have a 2006 GX470 I am experiencing an abnormal knocking noise everytime i operate my sunroof wether its tilting or opening the sliding roof just after it stops after operation. The noise is coming from the headliner besides the maplight. Anybody experience this kind of problem? A step by step procedure on how to remove the headliner would be helpful. Thanks.

Go to the dealer and tell there is a TSB to this issue, and take this copy attached and have it fixed.

Moon Roof Stuck Improper Operation09.pdf

• Like 1

Go to the dealer and tell there is a TSB to this issue, and take this copy attached and have it fixed.

Thanks for the info i appreciate it man!

Don't remove the headliner just yet. There is a technical service bulletin to replace a sticking guide and to lube it with a special grease. See your local dealer for the repair.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for the TSB! One question: it says warranty is in effect for 48 months or 50,000 miles. I have 2004 GX with 78,000 miles. Do you think dealer will still cover the repair under warranty?

• 2 months later...