I Would Really Like To Be Able To Reset My Avg Mpg

I have a 07 RX-350 that I've had now for 3 months.I really like the SUV,but I am not happy with the reset AVG miles to gallons.The only time the AVG can be reset is after a fill up.I talked to the Lexus dealer in Louisville and he let me talk to a mechanic that had been there for awhile and was very experienced. He explained to me that this was the nature of the beast. He said he would check the wiring diagram to see if something could be done. It has something to do with the tank being full. Thx I hope somebody can help me etap@insightbb.com

I'm curious about why this "feature" would be such a big deal? My 2000 LS400 has this feature you want and I think I have used it maybe once - just to see if it worked - in the almost eight years I've owned the car.

The only similar feature I really care about is the "miles until empty" (not sure if it is called exactly that) which is the "Driving Range" on your RX's trip information display. I often nearly drain the tank on long trips to minimize fuel stops since pumping gas is not my idea of fun or an efficient way to spend my time.

I have changed out my air filter to K&N filter,and I like to check AVG miles per gallon on a six mile stretch of road. Than I may check to see if any differences in AVG by useing better grade of gas. The only way I can now received AVG gas mileage,will be checking the entire full tank,which I really didn't want to do. That would be OK going on vacation,but I would like to reset it as I am driving.I had it on my 04 MDX,and also on my Highlander.This is when I am going to my sons house,I didn't want you think that I am burning up gas to save a dollar.THX

No, I really wish it did..I am sure their is something that could be done or by-pass it to make it think that I have a full tank of gas all the time. The dealer said that they would try to get back with me.I bet if I was going to buy suv it would be fixed,.I just like to have that feature,to check inst. AVG mileage.THX for your reply's

Thanks for your help,but I did all of that.I am just at a lost.THX

Never had one without nav but the ones with nav it can be done. Dumb question did you look in the owners manual?

The manual covers it,by saying after you fill up you set the trip to A and reset to zero's then press the AVG MPG on the dash.Well that is great for most people,I want to reset it more than once,on the same tank of gas.Even the dealer saying that year RX-350 07 you can't do that.I still think their maybe another way around it.Some way of giving it a false reading on the fill up,would be all I need.THX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You must not be the only one that complained about this because in the new generation 2010 +, there are two readings - AVG since fill up and just AVG. The AVG reading can be reset at any time, even while driving.