Torque?

steve7

I'm in the process changing the valve cover gasket,spark plug and ign. coil. Do you guy torque your spark plug,valve cover gasket cover and the intake plenum.If so what's the torque set on them. Should I go ahead and replaced the knock sensor while I have everything open up.

TIA

I'm in the process changing the valve cover gasket,spark plug and ign. coil. Do you guy torque your spark plug,valve cover gasket cover and the intake plenum.If so what's the torque set on them. Should I go ahead and replaced the knock sensor while I have everything open up.

TIA

Steve- It calls for 69 in. lbs, but i wouldn't worry about torquing those, just snug 'em down good because the bolts are shouldered so they're self limiting. The intake manifold shows 11 ft. lbs.. The spark plugs show 13 ft. lbs., but I would prefer a little tighter than that. The heads ARE aluminum, so I wouldn't go too tight, just good and snug by feel. The coils show 69 in. lbs.. I have never replaced a knock sensor, so I don't know what they cost, but if they're (I believe they're 2) cheap enough, it might not be a bad idea, because the labor to do it later, if needed, is a fair amount of work.