Any Mods To Boost Fuel Mileage In Is350

Remove the rear seats, replace the front seats with a carbon fiber version, remove the trunk liner, spare tire, jack and tool kit. Get lighter rims. Drive down hill alot......:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got a 2007 is350 with 50K on it fuel mileage is good in the 20's but anyone tried anything that has worked to boost mpgs

Make sure to use tires that offer the least rolling-resistance. Consumer Reports usually rates tires on R-S. Make sure to use synthetic engine oil. It won't offer improved in the short-term, but longer term your engine will perform better. Fill up the gas tank to maximum capacity and wait until you are almost empty to refill. I always reset trip meter when I fill up and do not rely on the gauge (in all my cars).

• 4 months later...

Im learned that if you leave you car running while parked at all it drops your average ALOT. I kept wondering why my average was so low and finally realized this was causing it. I dont think it should be included in the average, but maybe all cars do this and i never realized.

Yes, leaving engine running while parked = 0 mpg. Even a Hummer H2 does better than when moving.

The biggest improvement will be the result of the driver's technique, none of the other modifications will come close.