What Is Controller Arm In Ls400

James008

Hi, I recently purchased 1992 LS400, having around 223900 miles on it, however the rear tires were worn out. I replaced the place them at Belle tyres and did a wheel alignment to and those guys said to me that controller arm needs to be replaced at the driver side and passenger side tires, coz the tires are properly fit becoz of this controller arm and said it will cost around 1200$ for the parts and service. I have checked the http://lexus.sewellparts.com/parts-catalog/LS400-1992.html web site not able to find the part they said to me. Also, when I drive feel very bumpy on the roads, belle tire guys said replacing this part will also resolve that bumpy problem. Not sure, what part is that. Hope you all can guide me. What exactly is wrong or they are just tricking me. Please help.

Thanks.

most likely the upper control arm ball joints are bad. to replace them you have to buy the whole upper control arm, which comes with the ball joint as its all made into one peice. I need one on my 1992 as well on the right front. I think the lower control arm has a ball joint on it as well, so check with sewell to see the diagram/parts exploded view. My car makes a bumping sound as well, harder to hear it bump when on the interstate at speed. Going over bumps at slow speeds makes it easier to hear and feel the noise. My car has over 257,000 miles on it.