Low Tire Pressure Light

lewbuck

Just joined the club.

Filled spare to 32 psi and light went out

one of the service guys told me that the factory threshold setting for the low pressure indicator is 27 or 28..not sure I trust that info since recommended pressure is 30..doesn't give it a lot of room if the threshold is really 27-28

does anyone know the correct factory setting?

Wish I never read this post...now I am confused.

First of all the compact spare is not part of the tire pressure monitoring system (per the manual). I guess if you have a full size spare, it would be.

Also, the monitoring system uses as a benchmark what ever the tire pressure is when the system is reset. It doesn't say, but I would assume maybe a 10% loss of pressure would set off the warning light. So, if the dealer put 30 pounds in each tire and set the system, then 27 psi would set off the light.

Now, here is what I don't understand. I recently replaced all four tires at an independent shop. The manual says that you need to replace the warning valves and transmitters, which was done. It also says you need to register the new ID codes using the switch under the glove box. The push button pin has two settings....main & 2nd. The main is for the tires installed at the factory. The second is for any new warning valves/transmitters. Well, mine is still on Main. So, I don't know if I need to put it on 2nd, and then reset the monitoring system using the button under the steering wheel.

I guess my confusion is whether the 2nd position is for a second set of tires...say winter tires.

Any ideas?

Wish I never read this post...now I am confused.

First of all the compact spare is not part of the tire pressure monitoring system (per the manual). I guess if you have a full size spare, it would be.

Also, the monitoring system uses as a benchmark what ever the tire pressure is when the system is reset. It doesn't say, but I would assume maybe a 10% loss of pressure would set off the warning light. So, if the dealer put 30 pounds in each tire and set the system, then 27 psi would set off the light.

Now, here is what I don't understand. I recently replaced all four tires at an independent shop. The manual says that you need to replace the warning valves and transmitters, which was done. It also says you need to register the new ID codes using the switch under the glove box. The push button pin has two settings....main & 2nd. The main is for the tires installed at the factory. The second is for any new warning valves/transmitters. Well, mine is still on Main. So, I don't know if I need to put it on 2nd, and then reset the monitoring system using the button under the steering wheel.

I guess my confusion is whether the 2nd position is for a second set of tires...say winter tires.

Any ideas?

The switch is for a second set of pressure sensors. You used your existing sensors so leave the switch where it was and reset the system with the button under the dash by the steering wheel. You are right, the switch under the glove box is for a second set of sensors.