Shock Replacement

Lately I've been experiencing noise in front passengers side strut/shock. There's a rumble or thumping noise when I go over bumps. I guessing it's a bad strut. My 2006 has just over 100,000km (63,000 miles). Have any of you replaced any of your struts/shocks and at what millage? We don't have the best roads where we live, so I'm sure there's more wear and tear on the suspension.

Also, would you just replace the one, or both drivers and passenger structs? Any idea of the costs? Rear shocks seem fine so I won't bother with those.

I would tend to agree that it's either the strut mounting hardware or a bushing. My daughter's Protege does the same thing and a mechanic told me the strut is fine. He suffested that I wait until the strut was worn before doing anything. However, that's a Mazda; you have a Lexus and that sound may be unacceptable. KYB makes strut/shock mounts for the RX400h that are under $30 but I'm not sure what the labor charge would be for installation.