I Need Advice Asap

denslexusgx470

The AWD is no big issue with me. I always prefer 2wd since it doesn't snow in my area and it saves me some $$ and gas at the same time. I heard from my Toyota dealerships that 4wd SUV lease returns all get shipped out to Colorado or other snowy areas.

Rear spoilers on the 2000-2003 became "standard" in California for some reason even though it's stated in the sticker that it's an option added.

Vehicle is sold so it's back to square one. I found a nice and lower mileage RX though (38k miles, 2001) but only catch is it's a couple thousand miles away from me at a Lexus dealership in Colorado :angry:

Not sure if anyone is online but quick question. Test driving a Silversport right now... did this model have a stiffer suspension? Or could the shocks be bad or just crappy tires (toyo country)..??

Never mind. This linkexplains the different suspension that the Silversport has compared to the regular RX models. Also I had checked the tire pressure on the one I test drove and it was loaded to 40psi

Anything 10 years old, I don't care how low the miles = bushings. If one lesson I've learned with Lexus, is those soft rubber bushings in the control arms, carrier arms, mounts and struts, last about 6 years before they start to compress and lose their original composure. Not saying they've failed, but they degrade over time moreso than miles. My 4runner (05' w/ 88k miles), is starting to transmit more engine noise and vibration into the cabin.... engine mounts starting to compress..

Anything 10 years old, I don't care how low the miles = bushings. If one lesson I've learned with Lexus, is those soft rubber bushings in the control arms, carrier arms, mounts and struts, last about 6 years before they start to compress and lose their original composure. Not saying they've failed, but they degrade over time moreso than miles. My 4runner (05' w/ 88k miles), is starting to transmit more engine noise and vibration into the cabin.... engine mounts starting to compress..

Well that's expected and I'm ready for that. It's wear and tear but I have to live with it because I'm still a dependent. As long as major items in the vehicle are in ok condition, I'm ok with it.

I found a nice clean 2001 Silversport. I'll post pics soon.

Whoa. I barely realized how HUGE that picture file is. If you can't see your own reflection off those shiny cars, then you need to see an eye doctor lol :whistles:

All kidding aside, I'll get better pictures over the weekend. It rained today so it got a little dirty and I don't have much time to wash her (for the first time) yet since I'm still dealing with the sale of the CR-V which should be gone tomorrow if things go as planned. :cries:

To quench your curiosity, I'll post one more good shot of her for now. :rolleyes: I still have to post more amazing pictures of what is called "TLC (Tender LOVING Care)" (even Josh will be amazed at how clean this is).

post-9735-0-11712400-1297755239_thumb.jp

Wait, I'm confused here.... First - VERY nice ride!

Second - who got kicked to the curb? The BMW? The Honda? Both? Alex? Ooops...did I say that out loud? :lol:

It was easier keeping up with you when you were Mr. I love her, No wait just kidding, wait, yes I do, ooops who's that dude, no I don't, you ever been to the Phillipines, yes, wait, maybe? What hell does maybe mean???

And you thought we weren't paying attention! :geek:

Hey congrats on the new RX!! :cheers:

She looks BEAUTIFUL! But no HID's?

Thanks. Doesn't matter, HIDs can be easily added on as long as the rest of the car is in tip top condition. Can't afford much like some people here ;)

Wait, I'm confused here.... First - VERY nice ride!

Second - who got kicked to the curb? The BMW? The Honda? Both? Alex? Ooops...did I say that out loud? :lol:

It was easier keeping up with you when you were Mr. I love her, No wait just kidding, wait, yes I do, ooops who's that dude, no I don't, you ever been to the Phillipines, yes, wait, maybe? What hell does maybe mean???

And you thought we weren't paying attention! :geek:

LmaO LoL... Wow NC, you still remember all that??? Lol.

Actually the RX doesn't get a spot in the garage. The next thing I really need is a house with a 4 car garage :blink: RX is used so it sleeps outside. We just gave it the opportunity to sleep inside for the first few days before I let my neighbors know that my CR-V has been changed.

Hahaha... I still can't stop laughing at how you remember all the drama around here NC. I must be the one with Alzheimers disease lol :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

We all remember that drama....Like better than reading a book...oh to be young... :whistles:

Yeah, that was better than any daytime soap opra or drama. LOL!

Congrats on the RX. It looks great!

We all remember that drama....Like better than reading a book...oh to be young... :whistles:

Yeah, that was better than any daytime soap opra or drama. LOL!

Congrats on the RX. It looks great!

LMAO. LoL! Wow, now that you guys mentioned it, I'm starting to feel that drama once again haha.

Thanks this baby is hard to find. Knowing how PICKY I am with a clean car, this one perfectly fits my criteria and actually EXCEEDED my expectations for a 10 yr old car