Trunk Open Button Not Working

Hi,

I'm new to the LOC and I'm totaly excited to find this forum. I purchased a 02 ES300 three years ago and I have had no major problems...until now. I've just reached the 100K mark and found an oil leak. I'm told by NTB that it's rear main seal leak but I plan on taking to Lexus for a diagnosis. My question for today is, my trunk open button doesn't work in the car. I have to use the key button to open the trunk. Can someone tell me if this could possibly be an electrical issue?

Hi,

I'm new to the LOC and I'm totaly excited to find this forum. I purchased a 02 ES300 three years ago and I have had no major problems...until now. I've just reached the 100K mark and found an oil leak. I'm told by NTB that it's rear main seal leak but I plan on taking to Lexus for a diagnosis. My question for today is, my trunk open button doesn't work in the car. I have to use the key button to open the trunk. Can someone tell me if this could possibly be an electrical issue?

There is a master Trunk lock button in the glove compartment. Make sure its not turned ON

Hi,

There is a master Trunk lock button in the glove compartment. Make sure its not turned ON

Thanks pberku! I found the button and that was it. Thanks for not letting me look like an idiot at a mechanics when I told them I had electrical problems.