New Member & Owner With Dash Light Issue

05 ES 330

Greetings to the Lexus ES forum!

I recently purchased an '05 ES 330 with 40,000 miles.

So far I am very satisfied with it, as it has been the nicest car I've ever owned.

My issue is as follows: Recently I have noticed that intermittently my rear light failure indicator light on the dashboard has come on.

However, after a thorough check several times, no rear (or any) lights are out, including brake lights.

Any thought as to why this indicator light is being set off?

Thank you for your input

I look foward to sharing lots of info and being involved with the ES Forum, love my new car!

When you say intermittently, do you mean it comes on for hours/days at a time but shuts off? Or does it seem to blink for seconds/minutes at a time and shut off?

It could very well be a loose bulb or wire going to the tails... Has the car ever been in an accident of any kind? Look for paint differences etc... Lexus wiring uses very hard braided wire, and it's very easy for wires to get cracked/broken if handled too much. The only lights that work on that circuit are the 3rd brake lights in the rear window, the tail light bulbs (red only) and side markers. The back-up bulbs and directionals are not on the "bulb out" indicator circuit. I don't believe it applies for any lights in the front of the car either, but it may be different for the ES.