Vsc Lights

Don33

Hi all. Friday I took my 2002 LS 430 to my regular shop for some routine maintenance. They have been caring for my cars since 1990 with excellent results. I had the spark plugs changed, the coolant flushed and changed, and the brake fluid flushed and changed. Now I am getting a VCS and warning lights on the dash. No others just the VSC off and the exclamation point. When the car is first started there are no warning lights during POST but after I put it gear and begin to move forward, the lights come on.

I searched for any loose wires and vacuum hoses but found none. I also disconnected the battery and cleaned the connections although they weren’t dirty. Any thoughts? BTW I searched the site but found only issues with multiple lights. Thanks

by dis-connecting the battery, it should turn the light off, try it for 15 seconds, if it comes back on, check for a code... I am assuming the VSC button is NOT activated.

Thanks for th reply. I disconnected the battery which should have reset the codes but as soon as I stared the card and put it in drive, the light and chime activated.

Disconnecting the battery can actually cause the "VSC off" warning. The following thread has the procedure for resetting the VSC on the LS430: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55589

The VSC reset procedure is different for the 98-00 LS400 and is documented in the owners manual.