Check Engine Light And Vsc Light

2008 RX 350. Re-occuring problem with Check Engine Light and VSC light illuminating. Has been at dealership 3 times for same problem and I believe they have replaced oxygen sensor. Problem reappeared yesterday. Coincidentally my ES350 has similar problem and is presently at dealership for this problem as well as problems with push button star (second time--3 weeks ago they replaced the switch and problem re-appeared 1 week later (brake is firm and when push button won't start. What's up????

How much time lapsed between when the oxygen sensor was put in and your light reilluminated? I have to have the same sensor replaced and if this could end up being a recurring issue I will make sure that I can get some sort of warranty written in just in case. Are you being charged each time u bring it in even though the issue isnt corrected?

Approximately 3 or 4 months since the oxygen sensor was replaced. Fortunately the vehicle is still under warranty. However since this has happened multiple times with my RX and also my '08 ES 350 it suggests perhaps there may be larger issues with Lexus.

Lucky for u its still under warranty.The sensor is costing me $380.00 for the part before labour....Good luck with resolving the issue...It would be nice to know if the actual sensor was replaced each time u brought it in. Do u know if it was or can u find out.? I want to be prepared in case I run into the same issue....Now thinking it was dumb not to purchase an extended warranty pkg.. oops

I've had the same problem, first occured last April, they changed one engine coil (In cylinder 4). No problems until this past Christmas and I brought it back in and the only thing wrong again they said was the engine coil needed to be replaced. I had the new coil put in a different cylinder and this time it was still in cylinder 4 with one of the old coils. I asked if this is common and the tech said this was only the second time in six years he saw this. I think there is something causing the coil to flip, maybe the oxygen sensor? And these problems would be related. I don't know if this is related but I am having the same lights reoccur.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2007 Lexus RX350 (recently purchased at a MB dealership). Two weeks after buying it the Check Engine Light and VSC light came on. They told me that this can be caused by a loose gas cap. Was not the case!! I had a diagnostic test run, for FREE @ AutoZone. The light(s) were triggered by a faulty ignition coil. Easy to replace (part ... $120.00). Waiting for the part to arrive. This can be done in your driveway in 10 minutes. Only tool needed is a 10mm wrench and a little common sense. Incidentally, the diagnostic code was P0354. Plenty of info online for this common problem. Let me know if this helps you. I have additional info that can be sent electronically.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your information. Can you send me more information about replace the that ignition coil. My email is nickd9805@gmail.com

Thank you so much in advance.

I have a 2007 Lexus RX350 (recently purchased at a MB dealership). Two weeks after buying it the Check Engine Light and VSC light came on. They told me that this can be caused by a loose gas cap. Was not the case!! I had a diagnostic test run, for FREE @ AutoZone. The light(s) were triggered by a faulty ignition coil. Easy to replace (part ... $120.00). Waiting for the part to arrive. This can be done in your driveway in 10 minutes. Only tool needed is a 10mm wrench and a little common sense. Incidentally, the diagnostic code was P0354. Plenty of info online for this common problem. Let me know if this helps you. I have additional info that can be sent electronically.

• 9 years later...

VSC Light, Check Engine began glowing 2004 Lexus RX330; engine wouldn’t start (key at ACC position).
The ABS and Brake light
s also lit up when I tried to crank it, but got not even a click.

My solution was to replace the car battery which had suddenly died.

The store checked and confirmed I needed a replacement battery which fixed this problem. When I installed the
new one the horn blasted, but it stopped after I disconnected the negative cable and retried the connection.