Seat Adjuster Not Working

averona

Just had drivers seat recovered. Got the car back, adjusted seat one time as I pulled out of the shop, and now it's dead.

Any ideas? Fuse maybe? If so, which fuse is it?

Do the plastic cover pieces at the bottom of the seat pop off, or are they bolted on? I don't want to force anything, but wanted to check wiring.

Thanks

Have you tried moving the drivers seat all the way forward, lowering the front of the seat cushion to minimum height and raising the back of the seat cushion to the maximum height and then looking under the seat for a loose electrical connector? I just did this on my 00 LS and I can see and reach at least three electrical connectors under the seat. There may be more but it's about 20 degrees in my garage right now and kneeling on a garage floor to look is not fun!

Did a "professional" remove and reinstall your seat? Maybe he could figure it out.

Is there a way to move the seat with no power?

The "pro" that did it is 100 miles away, so I'll attempt this on my own first.

Have you tried moving the drivers seat all the way forward, lowering the front of the seat cushion to minimum height and raising the back of the seat cushion to the maximum height and then looking under the seat for a loose electrical connector? I just did this on my 00 LS and I can see and reach at least three electrical connectors under the seat. There may be more but it's about 20 degrees in my garage right now and kneeling on a garage floor to look is not fun!

Did a "professional" remove and reinstall your seat? Maybe he could figure it out.

Right! Well ... try to look under the bottom of the seat from the rear. Two of the large connectors are pretty easy to see ... might take a flashlight and a mirror. Do you know anybody with an inspection scope? I've got one of these: http://voscope.com/page11.html -- cost me about $300 is lighted and lets me see into small spaces.