Rx300 Radio

denslexusgx470

Ok I'll keep this posted here for a couple days then I'll move this to the RX300 forum. Anyways I saw a good used RX 300 that's in very good shape but...

It's the BASIC RX so it has no cd player. Does anyone have any idea on changing the radio or if I can add a cd player and Bluetooth to the stock radio? It already has that LCD screen in the middle for the radio info, AC, etc.

Just trying to canvass ideas. Still unsure if I will end up getting that used RX. Btw

its an 01 so I don't know if that would help. I had a 2000 RX300 basic back in the day but sold it to get my current GX because I didn't have enough money back then to maintain both.

Ok I'll keep this posted here for a couple days then I'll move this to the RX300 forum. Anyways I saw a good used RX 300 that's in very good shape but...

It's the BASIC RX so it has no cd player. Does anyone have any idea on changing the radio or if I can add a cd player and Bluetooth to the stock radio? It already has that LCD screen in the middle for the radio info, AC, etc.

Just trying to canvass ideas. Still unsure if I will end up getting that used RX. Btw

its an 01 so I don't know if that would help. I had a 2000 RX300 basic back in the day but sold it to get my current GX because I didn't have enough money back then to maintain both.

My guess would be that the radio/head unit upgrade with the cd would be no problem, IF you can still get one. That is if you want the oem equipment. You might need some wiring help, i.e., harness, but as you know "dcfish" can help you out the most.

I don't think the Bluetooth is even a possibility regardless of what you do re; oem. Don't know about aftermarket.

Paul

My guess would be that the radio/head unit upgrade with the cd would be no problem, IF you can still get one. That is if you want the oem equipment. You might need some wiring help, i.e., harness, but as you know "dcfish" can help you out the most.

I don't think the Bluetooth is even a possibility regardless of what you do re; oem. Don't know about aftermarket.

Paul

It may be very difficult to get OEM unless I scrap something out of a salvaged or totaled RX in a junk yard and I don't want that since I believe the "bad luck" will be transferred to me.

Is it even possible to install anything aftermarket without messing up the center interior look? I know these cars were designed in a way to make owners keep it stock but the cd player, iPod playback, and Bluetooth are my main concern and a brand new RX (if the design will grow on me eventually) is not in my budget at the moment.

Paul

It may be very difficult to get OEM unless I scrap something out of a salvaged or totaled RX in a junk yard and I don't want that since I believe the "bad luck" will be transferred to me.

Is it even possible to install anything aftermarket without messing up the center interior look? I know these cars were designed in a way to make owners keep it stock but the cd player, iPod playback, and Bluetooth are my main concern and a brand new RX (if the design will grow on me eventually) is not in my budget at the moment.

Any after market product will take away from the original factory look.

I am aware that it will take the factory look away but is it possible with the way the interior was designed?

Dens...

I am sure it can be done and made to look good. I would start by finding a new unit that has the features you want. :cheers:

I am aware that it will take the factory look away but is it possible with the way the interior was designed?

Dens...

I am sure it can be done and made to look good. I would start by finding a new unit that has the features you want. :cheers:

Lol. For NOW my idea is to transfer the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT HU I have in my Honda just so that I can have bluetooth in the car. I was wondering if the space for the LCD readout can be used to put the Pioneer in it. 165636_10150113750424493_613954492_7515056_3683964_n.jpg

Then again this is all just a plan IF I push through with buying this RX. :whistles: