Radio/cd Player Stopped Working, No Sound

I have a 2006 IS350 with Mark Levinson audio system and Navigation. My radio and CD player suddenly stopped working. Everything else works fine: Navigation, bluetooth, auxillary, all with sound coming from the speakers. Everything also shows up on the touchscreen, just no sound from the radio and cd player (also the cd's won't eject). Has this happened to anyone else? I can't believe that this supreme sound system only lasted 4 years. Dealer says it will be about $800-900 to replace just the radio/cd. Does anyone know of another way? Please help!

Yikes. I am having a problem with just the number 2 slot not loading a disc in my 09 IS350. It will keep ejecting it a few times and then skip it and move on to the next available slot. I am hoping they will replace mine under warranty as mine is a 2009 and as someone said their dealer did for them. But yeah I have had ongoing glitches like this will all my Lexus autos with a CD changer. I do have to say that the one in my 98 LX470 was the most reliable. Never had any problems with it after 13 years. But now have an aftermarket in dash navigation. Your problem seems to be a bit more severe I and would hope the dealer and Lexus would as least go half way with you. It really should not crap out after only 4 or 5 years when the one in my LX lasted over 13 years.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2006 IS350 with Mark Levinson audio system and Navigation. My radio and CD player suddenly stopped working. Everything else works fine: Navigation, bluetooth, auxillary, all with sound coming from the speakers. Everything also shows up on the touchscreen, just no sound from the radio and cd player (also the cd's won't eject). Has this happened to anyone else? I can't believe that this supreme sound system only lasted 4 years. Dealer says it will be about $800-900 to replace just the radio/cd. Does anyone know of another way? Please help!

I am having the exact same problem with my 2007 GS430. How did you finally resolve your problem?