Ls400-Rough High Idle And Drive Running

MEDO

LS400 -1990 ... The main problem is: when I restart the engine again (Turn off - then after 20 seconds turn on). I need waiting about 5 minutes again to reach 800 RPM from about 1400 ? Is that normal? The temprature gauge is points to warm machine. i.e. its not cold)

Please advise me

It all depends on if the engine is fully warmed up when you turn it off the temperature gauge only provides an indication of the coolant temperature not the engine temperature, what is the idle speed before you turn the engine off? Why would you want to turn off the engine then restart it after 20 seconds?

It all depends on if the engine is fully warmed up when you turn it off the temperature gauge only provides an indication of the coolant temperature not the engine temperature, what is the idle speed before you turn the engine off? Why would you want to turn off the engine then restart it after 20 seconds?

Some times when I drive for Half an hour, then stop for a while , I need to turn off. then return to turn on. Its also need to about 5 or 6 minutes to warm up? in spite of the temp. gauge is points to normal warm engine!!