Battery Light

blake918

I still havent gotten my electrical problem fixed yet. I'm going to bring it to the dealer next week. I was just wondering if the battery light registers any codes in the ECU that will lead the techs down a very narrow path to fixing the problem right the first time? I guess what I'm getting at is does the light have certain codes like the check engine light?

:cheers:

I am not sure what has you baffled with it ?

It is only one of 2 things a bad alternator or wire from it. ONly other problem would be a bad dash but it has other symptoms.

It also would have been much better to post this stuff in the old thread than start all new again , as no one else will have a clue to the history of the cars repairs and fixes.

It's so baffling becasue the problem is a slippery one! One minute it's fine, and the next minute the car is ready to die. It takes just the right combination of accessorys to make the car die. The alternator is new, so hopefully it's a wire like you said. Good point about keeping the post together; it completely slipped my mind!

I'll see what Lexus says!

• 2 weeks later...

What was your original problem? It caught my attention dealing with the battery, as I now have a problem with my 92 es300. When it sits for two weeks or more the battery will loose its charge. I have already replaced the batery and altinator previously. Charging is fine. I have a DC clamp on amp probe on the batterypositive terminal to monitor battery drain when the key switch is off and I get about 20 milliamps drain. That should not drain the battery in two weeks. Could a bad battery cause this problem? any ideas? Something must be intermittently happening to draw power from the battery. maybe the security system?

Sk, you were right ;)...it's good to keep the posts together!

I took the car to the Lexus dealership only to have them tell me nothing is wrong with the car. I kinda figured this would happen.

Malinim, here's the origional post with the entire story:origional electrical problem