Looking For New Preowned Ls

sgretchko

I am looking for suggestions and opinions. I would like a new preowned LS, my 97 w/ 200k was involved in a front end collision and will be totaled, no injuries.

I am looking for a 98-00 LS 400 or LS 430. Trying to spend less than 12k for LS400 or around 15-17 for LS430 (probably with 60 to 90k). Any suggestions on where to look. I am in Michigan but a phone and fax can take you anywhere. I know Sewell has a good inventory. Any ideas would be appreciated, I need a car relatively quickly.

One more question. Found a brown 99 LS400 outside DC that purports to have 18k. Carfax checks out, it is one owner from NY and mileage for yearly inspections are reported. Appears to be traded in for a BMW and wholesaled a month later. I am a bit skeptical and wonder how this low mileage pristine purported gem ended up in a small independent lot in Arlington, VA.

Thank you, thoughts, suggestions and input are appreciated.

I don't have a lead on another LS...but was wondering how much damage was done to warrant the car being totaled. I am on my way to get 2 estimates this morning...my '96 / 150k was involved in a front ender last night :-(

One more question. Found a brown 99 LS400 outside DC that purports to have 18k. Carfax checks out, it is one owner from NY and mileage for yearly inspections are reported. Appears to be traded in for a BMW and wholesaled a month later. I am a bit skeptical and wonder how this low mileage pristine purported gem ended up in a small independent lot in Arlington, VA.

The BMW dealer probably didn't want to put a 12 year old Lexus on his lot and sold it at an auto auction. Buyers of older cars at auto auctions are usually indie used car dealers. That is how I bought my 2000 LS400 in 2003 -- from an indie dealer/broker who bought the car at an auto auction.