My Gs Wont Start

Ok... So I just purchased a 2001 GS300 with 120,000 miles back in October 2010 the car was very clean interior and exterior. Car has been great all except for a small leak around timing belt cover. I suspect the cam seals have failed. After driving it for about 8,000 miles (making sure I keep oil in it)Its been running great, till this morning when I tried to start it. At first it seemed to want to start, going from a rough idle at first, to a smooth idle for a few seconds then back to rough idle then turning off. So I decided to leave it parked until I got back from work. First I tried listening for the fuel pump running suspecting that the fuel pump had failed but did no hear anything. I was was wondering whats the best way to check it? Also were is the fuel filter located on this thing? I have been researching common issues with these cars and now im scared it might be something more serious. BTW I checked my oil and found the oil level a little low so I added some oil but still no luck. Now that I crank the car it wont start at all. Does anyone know anything else I should be looking for?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... so know ived towed my car to the mechanic and he is telling me its the fuel pump. uuuuhhhmmmm... :chairshot: Now im wondering how much is this going to cost me????

So... I got my car back with a new fuel pump and I did my timing belt and spark plugs now my car running like a champ!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... so know ived towed my car to the mechanic and he is telling me its the fuel pump. uuuuhhhmmmm... chair.gif Now im wondering how much is this going to cost me????

So... I got my car back with a new fuel pump and I did my timing belt and spark plugs now my car running like a champ!

Happy that all is sorted, Not cheap HUH !!!