95 Ls400...what Tire Pressure Is Best?

david1walker

Any ideas as to the optimal tire pressure for these cars? I could have sworn that I read in the manual that 29 psi is what is suggested. I have never owned a car that requires that little tire pressure. When I set it at 29, the tires were bulging slightly.

Would love to know who has the correct answer for what the factory REALLY suggests....

David

I run 30 psi. That's what I did with the LS and also with the GS. For sure do not set the pressure to the max indicated on the tire sidewall - that's not appropriate to the car. And the tire is supposed to bulge at the contact patch.

I run 30 in the Corvette, and the rears are 295/35-18's.

Any ideas as to the optimal tire pressure for these cars? I could have sworn that I read in the manual that 29 psi is what is suggested. I have never owned a car that requires that little tire pressure. When I set it at 29, the tires were bulging slightly.

Would love to know who has the correct answer for what the factory REALLY suggests....

David

What they suggest is clearly stamped on the label in the drivers door edge. Must be the right number or they wouldn't bother with the label......

29 is the optimal pressure for comfort basically. You can increase it higher for better tire life, but a slightly bumpier ride, or you can decrease it for more traction and a much worse tire tread life. 29-31, not a big deal. The higher you put, the better gas mileage you will get and tire life, but a bit harsher ride. I stick to 29 myself, cant go wrong with the one rec'd by Lexus, make sure check the spare once in a while too