Gs300 Boosted

ok guys i need some help... im fixin to boost my 98 gs and i need to no if the rods (ge) in the motor can handle it? i was told i need gte rods which are around 1200 from mvp... im hoping to save some money if its possible to boost on stock rods

ive got a 2j supra head and pistons right now but need rods

thank you and hope you can help

• 2 weeks later...

the ge bottom end holds up to 400 horses. what size of turbo, how much boost, are you planning to get it tuned as well? and you said a 2j supra head? is it the gte or the ge?

well ive heard that the bottom end is the same as a gte my freind just took his gte 2j apart and its the same

im not sure wut size turbo yet but lookin for about 600 whp. looking to run about 12 psi,

annd ita a gte head

the ge bottom end holds up to 400 horses. what size of turbo, how much boost, are you planning to get it tuned as well? and you said a 2j supra head? is it the gte or the ge?

well ive heard that the bottom end is the same as a gte my freind just took his gte 2j apart and its the same

im not sure wut size turbo yet but lookin for about 600 whp. looking to run about 12 psi,

annd ita a gte head

only same thing in the GE and GTE bottom end is the block and the crank. the rods and pistons are different. GTE bottom end has oil squirters for the pistons as well where the GE does not. I have taken apart both motors, and there is a difference. As far as the NA-T route, its a lot more pricey to go that way. Buying the GTE swap is cheaper.

If you plan on 600 hp, Expect on spending around 10k or more for a decent setup. Good Luck B)

Major thumbs up on that bud :cheers: Going for 600 HP reliably and having it as a daily is going to be pricey. Now if you're going for a one time run and not caring about the motor, then yes the 600 HP is easy to achieve. Either way, good luck with the build. If you run into any problems or need parts, ask dcfish the walking encyclopedia/parts store :whistles: