Replacing Tb/wp Plus Egr Tube On A 96Ls.

billydpowell

just thought I'd share with you guy's ...

working on a friends 96 LS, 182K, replacing belt, pump and seals on the front, and EGR tube and gaskets on the rear, and a couple of hood struts also.

wish me well,

supposed to be 19 tonight

Best wishes, Billy :cheers: You will do fine, I am sure.

(though you will get ZERO sympathy from me on your "cold" weather in Carrollton, TX :lol: ).

WOW, I just looked at the forecast for South Bend... snow, snow, and more snow. with temp down to 3. yep you have my sympathy...

post-5365-0-76660100-1295560859_thumb.jp

It would be very helpful to other members if you could take some step by step pics while replacing the egr tube.

already finished that, but it is easy to do. jack it up, remove RH CAT from car, remove RF Wheel, and you are 4 bolts from home, two lower bolts are easy, two upper are tricky getting them restarted, long extention and a wobble joint for us.... xxxx you have to loosen the connector between the RH CAT and the left Cat..

good luck..

well we finished, water pump, timing belt all seals and bearings. hood struts. egr tube and front brakes also... now we have a 2000 LX470 and a 2002 LX470 that needs the TB/WP, the 2002 is turbocharged (factory) but the parts seem to be the same.. and it also needs a RF axle/CV replaced plus the RF inner tierod end

Billy,

I know you're retired, but seems like you could earn a nice bit of fun money doing the routine maintenance on Lexus cars and SUVs. I hope you're getting something more than soda pop and a pizza for your trouble. (Sorry... I am an accountant :rolleyes: ).

Doesn't sound like it was too difficult, and as noted in an earlier post, you're the expert! B)

Micah

Billy,

I know you're retired, but seems like you could earn a nice bit of fun money doing the routine maintenance on Lexus cars and SUVs. I hope you're getting something more than soda pop and a pizza for your trouble. (Sorry... I am an accountant :rolleyes: ).

Doesn't sound like it was too difficult, and as noted in an earlier post, you're the expert! B)

Micah

Micah, the $$ I collect is for the cost of parts, plus I pay my nephew $60 an hour for his work.

not for me...

I do it because it blesses people, and I know God blesses me for it.... Matt 6:33

it only cost me time.... and I have some... and God lets me use it this way.

by the way: expert... definition, X is for the unknown value, and spert is a drip under pressure.

finished the 2002..

the Aisin parts came in today. the belt is a Mitsuboshi CD298, the bearings are both Koyo, from JTEKT corp in Japan (this is the same Aisin kit that partsbin sells for 240.95) on ebay it was 189.95, the water pump was aisin, with gaskets & o ring. the aftermarket parts from PartsDinosaur are lower in price and the pump and seals are also for sale there.

so it is up to you, OEM or aftermarket...

good luck