Nissan Enthusiast Turned Ls Dummy

Old13NewLs

This is a bit awkward considering I have been a member of 1 forum ever (for 5 or 6 years), and i feel as if I am writing a personals ad. But here we go. My name is Josh, i'm 26, and I reside in Kansas City, Mo. I have been a nissan 240sx owner since I was 18, and a friend from japan recently opened my eyes. "after 25, If you aren't professional, You have to give up drifting". At first I didn't get what he was trying to say. Literally, and metaphorically. But after seeing where it is headed, and how bad people my age look hanging out and driving at events, I definitely understand now. I was turned onto the ls from another mutual friend. After doing some research, I knew this was the car for me. Long lasting, classy, and still able to modify. I just bought my first Lexus less than a week ago. Other than a few quirks (which I will make other posts for), I can't be more satisfied for the price. I paid 2300 for a 1990 ls with 170k. It wasn't the best maintained, but it wasn't the worst car I have ever bought either. So far, i am absolutely in love with the ride quality and power. I am looking forward to learning this car inside and out. I also look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts who can lend some knowlege to a new ls guy. Thanks for reading, and long live my ls...

This is a bit awkward considering I have been a member of 1 forum ever (for 5 or 6 years), and i feel as if I am writing a personals ad. But here we go. My name is Josh, i'm 26, and I reside in Kansas City, Mo. I have been a nissan 240sx owner since I was 18, and a friend from japan recently opened my eyes. "after 25, If you aren't professional, You have to give up drifting". At first I didn't get what he was trying to say. Literally, and metaphorically. But after seeing where it is headed, and how bad people my age look hanging out and driving at events, I definitely understand now. I was turned onto the ls from another mutual friend. After doing some research, I knew this was the car for me. Long lasting, classy, and still able to modify. I just bought my first Lexus less than a week ago. Other than a few quirks (which I will make other posts for), I can't be more satisfied for the price. I paid 2300 for a 1990 ls with 170k. It wasn't the best maintained, but it wasn't the worst car I have ever bought either. So far, i am absolutely in love with the ride quality and power. I am looking forward to learning this car inside and out. I also look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts who can lend some knowlege to a new ls guy. Thanks for reading, and long live my ls...

Welcome cheers.gif The LS is the greatest car on earth..........................

Welcome cheers.gif The LS is the greatest car on earth..........................

Lol thanks. So I've heard. I seriously can't wait to get the little bugs worked out so I can start dumping money into this thing. I've had it about a week now, and people coming into my work can't stop commenting about it. Even with my built 240, it neer turned as many heads as this thing does stock. But thanks for the welcome guys. I can't wait to start learing this thing.

I did my research before I bought it. I love how mercedes and bmw was all *BLEEP*ed off about it. I had the chance to to pick up a 93 and a 95, but i definitely wanted the first gen. I love the way the car drives, and handles. Unfortunately, i've been having wiring issues since I got the thing. Little did I know when I bought the car, the guy had charged the thing for an hour (long enough to drive it without it dying) so it wouldn't start again when I got it home. I've changed the alt and battery, but I'm still having some issues. At first it was overcharging, now it's not charging at all. I'm sure i'll ask enough questions, and do enough research to figure it all out. As for now, it's kind of hard to enjoy it when it's in the garage most of the time. My only beef is they spent a billion dollars on r&d, it has everything short of a automatic bj machine, but they didn't make it lsd factory. I'm not sure where everyone else is from, but we just got 8 inches of snow. Another 8-10 is on it's way. All I'm saying is a lsd factory would have been nice. so that and suspension will be the first thing to change once I get it up to spec.